You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you piss, you swear you can still smell (and properly name) the hops used in the beer you have been consuming all day.

After you tally up your hop inventory and see you have about 12.5 pounds of hops in the freezer! How did that happen??? :confused: Granted 5 pounds arrived today from the Niko Brew "Grab Bag" sale.

Ok, no more hops for 2017... I will only brew with the hops I have on hand and I will try to brew more often. That's my new years resolution!!! :ban: Let's see if I stick to it... ;)

After you tally up your hop inventory and see you have about 12.5 pounds of hops in the freezer! How did that happen??? :confused: Granted 5 pounds arrived today from the Niko Brew "Grab Bag" sale.

Ok, no more hops for 2017... I will only brew with the hops I have on hand and I will try to brew more often. That's my new years resolution!!! :ban: Let's see if I stick to it... ;)

I have 30 pounds..... I would call it a problem, but it is pretty floccin awesome to have hops to brew anything on hand.

I have 30 pounds..... I would call it a problem, but it is pretty floccin awesome to have hops to brew anything on hand.

WOW that's serious! Ok I'm glad I'm not alone and have less than 50% of what you have on hand. Yes it's nice to have all the ingredients you need to brew whenever you can. I know in my life right now I take it when I can, with work, two small kids and just other family activities it makes brewing hard to fit in or schedule most of the time.

WOW that's serious! Ok I'm glad I'm not alone and have less than 50% of what you have on hand. Yes it's nice to have all the ingredients you need to brew whenever you can. I know in my life right now I take it when I can, with work, two small kids and just other family activities it makes brewing hard to fit in or schedule most of the time.

I don't have quite the "hop problem" that you guys do! However, I will say that it doesn't get any easier as the kids get older and have more and more activities!

3 words for you: Early. Morning. Brewing. I've often got flame to strike water at 05:00 in order to squeeze in a brew day...

I will say that it doesn't get any easier as the kids get older and have more and more activities!

So much this!

When my kids were younger, I would brew after they went to sleep. Now that their a little older, school work, sports and staying up later, I'm having to take time off work to brew while they're at school.

When in addition to dishes in your kitchen drying rack, you have: empty beer bottles, beer glassware, and an erlenmeyer flask drying.

you find yourself looking out the window wishing you could catch a whiff of a BK getting a big hop addition and giving it a good stir.

When you get your new 20g kettle setup and wonder how many #s of hops you could add and still net 10g into kegs.(one way to clear space in the freezer)

When you leave the LHBS, which has a small micro next door and...upwind you recognize the sound and downwind you recognize the smell.

(They were making a small batch outside on the patio.).

...you got a sweet tooth but there's no candy in the entire house so you end up eating carbonation drops straight from the bag :D

My son and nephew would always ask for the carb drops as they helped on brew day. They were insistent little rascals!

I don't have quite the "hop problem" that you guys do! However, I will say that it doesn't get any easier as the kids get older and have more and more activities!

3 words for you: Early. Morning. Brewing. I've often got flame to strike water at 05:00 in order to squeeze in a brew day...

3:30 AM for me last time. Had the yeast pitched by the time the kids woke up.

When it's not strange to have 3 fridge's in your garage.

(Beer fridge, kegerator, and ferm chamber)

:mug:

20170126_101349.jpg

When you try to figure out where to stay that has the best access to local breweries when you travel. Then you also drive an insane distance to hit some places that you may not be near again... I might have done this. ;)
LOL! 12/24 - 12/31: Russian River, Moylans, North Coast, Mendocino, 21st Amendment, The Hop Grenade, Woodfour, Crooked Goat, Hopmonk, Petaluma Hills. I have an amazing wife.

When you've been home brewing for 17 years and started out with all grain and your buddy who got a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas calls and ask if you can help him brew a beer and you have to read the instructions, twice!

Back