Bike Messengers on Crack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
If you've never seen this, very cool! I would have wiped out after the 1st intersection in a state of panic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen that before; that's nuts. I would never have the guts to blow through a line of pedestrians out into an intersection -- past some police officers no less. :D

That is a great video. A good buddy of mine is a bike messenger in Boston and he is definitely mostly nuts. I think you have to be both that and in great shape to do it well. Picture doing it in two extremes: 102 degrees and blaring hot, and 5 degrees and icy in the middle of the winter. You'd have to be insane.

those guys dont mess around! i was in NY this summer and one ran into the back of the cab I was in and the best part was that he yelled at the driver for being in the way.

When I first moved to DC area in the 80s, the first group I hooked up with was the punks at Dupont Circle (drinking age was grandfathered for us at 18 in the District, so it was natural gravitating area)......I watched these guys bounce off cars in intersections.......pretty good pay if you can hack it ( a bike can move faster than a car in DC any day, and G-Town is a lot of fun at night)

No crack....these dudes needed drugs to slow them down, not speed them up ;)

Back