What's your user name mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Tom and I like Brettanomyces. Brett-Tom-omyces

It is also conveniently never used for games, email, etc.

I came up with mine when I was in middle school, about 15 years ago. I was really into the Beatles song 'I Am the Walrus' and just thought the name sounded cool. No secret meaning, really.

I wonder what percentage of people have the same name here as Xbox Live / PSN / etc

I thought it was Union Reader since I saw a couple references about writing books. :fro:

I live in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, one of the most beautiful places in the world IMHO and very proud of it. The second part.........well, maybe not so creative but helps me remember my sign in lol

http://www.hellobc.com/thompson-okanagan.aspx
I would second that. As beautiful as my home state is (Washington), there's just something about Lake Okangan in the midst of the hills, wineries, farms and Kelowna that is magic.

My name is obvious when you know my brewery's name...

Black Island Brewing Logo small.jpg

Way back in the dark ages.... Before we had high-speed internet here in Puyallup where I live in 2001, atoughram was my dialup AOL username. "A Tough Ram"

Still have the truck and it still looks mostly the same minus the topper...

truck 005.jpg

twins 034.jpg

My user name is my real Given name, and Thomas Paine was a cool dude. Plus there is a pretty good English ale named after him.

I'm Irish and my last name begins with "Mc" so, in certain circles, I am Mickey or just Mick. One of my buddies had seen an episode of Rockford Files with a character named Mickey, and another character who wanted to kill him. The would-be killer, who had a speech impediment, proclaimed "I'm gonna kill Minky"...........and there ya go!

I've used drainbamage1011 as my XBL tag for years. Drain Bamage was an obscure band Dave Grohl was in before Nirvana or Foo Fighters. Plus, it was always amusing to hear dumba** teenagers say, "dude, why'd you misspell 'brain dam--'ohhhhh" while playing online.

Keeping the handle for something alcohol-related (killing brain cells) seemed like a logical extension. It also probably fits with my tendency to contribute to the OT wierdness.

My last name looks like it's pronounced "Bear Claw" which obviously was my nickname. A friend of mine diverted from that path and lovingly referred to me as Bearsmith or Ron Bearemy. I usually default to those when the first is taken.

It's the name that I use in the SCA, which is what got me into brewing in the first place. I also use it, or a variant of it, for everything internet related

Parents are from Wisconsin, but moved to TX for work before I was born. I grew up in TX but spent many wonderful summers at family cabin in Wisconsin while growing up.
Family moved to WI halfway through HS, then I returned there after college, even married a WI girl. Now work has pulled us back to TX. Funny how history repeats itself.

After being called a cheesehead for years growing up in TX after returning south every fall with tales of the north woods, and "Tex" once I moved to WI because, well, Texas has a reputation outside of Texas, I started using the handle during college as a goto username online, since I have an affinity for both states, but don't feel like I'm truly from either one. Thus, when people ask me if I'm a Texan or a Wisconsinite, now I have the right answer.

The original Fraziers were a group of French knights that came over to Scotland to help one of the clans fight a war with some other clan, way back when. They were awarded lands and a title. There is a strawberry flower on the crest, due to "frazier" being a bastardization of the French word for strawberry.

Cheers!

Last name is Fenton. I've played guitar most of my life so in school I was nicknamed "Fender". Since Fender is taken on just about every board i have joined I came up with Fenduh which is the way most people pronounce it.

Being in MA I should have gone with "Fendah"

Mine is a nod to my love of sailing, as is my pic.

The name is derived from Old French or Spanish respectively: "rumb" or "rumbo", a line on the chart which intersects all meridians at the same angle.[

I've used drainbamage1011 as my XBL tag for years. Drain Bamage was an obscure band Dave Grohl was in before Nirvana or Foo Fighters. Plus, it was always amusing to hear dumba** teenagers say, "dude, why'd you misspell 'brain dam--'ohhhhh" while playing online.

Keeping the handle for something alcohol-related (killing brain cells) seemed like a logical extension. It also probably fits with my tendency to contribute to the OT wierdness.

Back in the 80's, there was a comedian named Bob Nelson who did a routine where he goofed on football players. One of the characters he did claimed to have been injured in a game, resulting in him becoming "dain bramaged".

Mine is pretty self explanatory. I had no idea when I first came here how long I would be brewing and figured after the first few batches I would know everything I needed to know about home brewing and therefore I would stop coming here...

I do drawings on AutoCAD while racing horses.

Can I just be theCAD then? I do CAD drawings but I am not privileged enough to do it whilst racing horses :D.

Mine is the first half of my name (I know, weird right?) which is Kevin, and 211 has been my motocross race number since my first race on a YZ125 which had a dry weight of 211 LBS

Mine is a nod to my love of sailing, as is my pic.

The name is derived from Old French or Spanish respectively: "rumb" or "rumbo", a line on the chart which intersects all meridians at the same angle.[

Pic is missing?

My beautiful and talented wife is Mexican.
I wear bib overalls to work everyday where I perform maintenance on equipment at all ends of the plant and from the top to the bottom, so my many pockets are full of all your basic tools.
I look like a hillbilly.
Mexibilly

The hubby's silly nickname for me since we started dating in the early 90's is chicky babe, or chicky for short. He got me my first PC and email account, and hooked me on gaming but all permutations of chicky babe were always taken. Hence chicky + first 3 letters of my last name.

Because I felt like I was just throwing things together in the beginning and hodgepodge-ing it with my equipment and set-up, sort of like Dr. Frankenstein, but with beer.

Mine means that the username I wanted was already taken, so I had to come up with something.
Some people might think it is a religious thing (and while it kind of is), it is quite the opposite. I have taken from an album by a now disbanded, but pretty damn awesome, swedish black metal band called 'Mörk Gryning' (which translates to dark dawn).

I like the thought of sitting in a hammock somewhere tropical where a cool breeze hits you. My name is where my mind is most of the time.

Back in the 80's, there was a comedian named Bob Nelson who did a routine where he goofed on football players. One of the characters he did claimed to have been injured in a game, resulting in him becoming "dain bramaged".

It ain't no Dixie cup and it ain't no coffee mug and you certainly won't wanna be drinking nothing out of it.

I like the thought of sitting in a hammock somewhere tropical where a cool breeze hits you. My name is where my mind is most of the time.

Mine is the same. Snake Ridge is a place in my mind. I used to keep a log of campsites that I slept at when I hiked a whole lot. Sometimes, I wouldn't know the name of the spot, so I would call it Snake Ridge until I could figure it out from a map.

I have always been fish started when young. Last name Fisher first name Steve.

So sfish

'Strange Fish Brew' would be the brewery and the beer I make would be fish brew.

My favourite book is The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. Professor Woland is the name the devil takes when he visits Stalinist Moscow in it. It's also my name on Xbox Live were people on Call of Duty seem to think I'm an actual professor at times.

Back