You ever see a brand new Sanke keg!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilserbrewer

BIAB Expert Tailor
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Was at the keg store yesterday to pick up the half keg of BMC for my hunt club. Sitting in front of the store was a brand spankin new half barrell of Yuengling.

It truly was a thing of beauty, not a blemish, not a scratch, perfect stainless patina. I know, I know w/out a pic this thread is worthless but I had to share.

Hopefully some day you too will have a moment like this! It was a beautiful gem!

I bought two Coors Sankes from a distributor in PA... One is beat to absolute s**t while the other is flawless... Will have to get a pic to post...

(Just looked at mine again... Flawless, eh... But pretty darned good...)

Funny this would pop up. Just yesterday I was in the scrapyard looking for some Stainless for my upcoming stand. And there it is in all it's shining beauty. .50 cnts a pound. I had some Stainless ball valves and a nice piece of plate. Came up to $20.00. Now I don't want no BS about stealing it was on its way to the crusher, I saved it.:ban:

PC060055 (Medium).JPG

We bought one at the brewery and welded some tri-clamp fittings on it to use as a yeast storage and transfer vessel, so I HAVE seen a new keg before and they are insanely good looking.

:)

If I think about it, I'll take a picture of the converted one at work.

:mug:

Back