Bottled two batches of cider today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bender

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bottled about 110 bottles today. 5 gal each of Apfelwein and Panty Dropper. Sanitizing bottles is such a pain. One of these days I need start kegging.

I second that. 97 bottles bottled on Wednesday. Half of the bottles had a bit of mold. So sanitizing was not fun. And I have a keg but didnt want to keg this.

You can wash them before bottling day. I actually wash them and kill them long before bottling day, but some folks think that's too much work - I like the fact that it does not have to be done on bottling day, so it's one less detail to fuss with on the day, and spreads the work out.

Wash, soak in bleach solution if moldy/stubborn and rewash, (using bottlewasher).

Drain, but not quite dry is actually good.

Cap with a small square of aluminum foil.

Place in oven. Turn heat to low. Turn heat up slowly so as not to crack bottles. Get to 250F and hold for 12 hours, or to 305F and hold for 3 hours. turn heat down slowly, let cool in closed oven. Put in cases or on shelf, ignore until bottling day.

On bottling day:

Boil or otherwise sanitize caps. Grab a bottle, remove foil, fill, cap.

Latest posts

Back