Breweries in Houston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saint Arnolds is the only brewery that I know of over there, and I think that they only have tours on the weekends (could be wrong though). If you are considering the Gingerman, you should also consider The Flying Saucer.http://beerknurd.com/

- magno

St. Arnolds is a great micro brewery. They only do "tours" on Saturday at 1:00. I say "tour" because basically they give you a brief history of beer, their brewery, and then they let you wander around while you sample their great beers!!! Oh..if you do go, they give a small 8 oz tasting glass, but for $5 you can buy a 16oz glass and they will fill it all the way up 4 times!!!!!!!!!!!

The beer is great and Brock the owner is as cool as they come and he will show you anything you want to see.

magno said:
Saint Arnolds is the only brewery that I know of over there, and I think that they only have tours on the weekends (could be wrong though). If you are considering the Gingerman, you should also consider The Flying Saucer.http://beerknurd.com/

- magno

Ok, went to the Flying Saucer-- excellent place with a great selection. Here's my problem-- 2 of the guys that I went with refuse to drink anything other than Bud Light. When we got to the Flying Saucer, they didn't have Bud Light. So I got to have one beer, and we left. (Since they are paying my way here, I didn't want to make a stink, so I went along with it.):mad:

Biermann said:
Ok, went to the Flying Saucer-- excellent place with a great selection. Here's my problem-- 2 of the guys that I went with refuse to drink anything other than Bud Light. When we got to the Flying Saucer, they didn't have Bud Light. So I got to have one beer, and we left. (Since they are paying my way here, I didn't want to make a stink, so I went along with it.):mad:

Hell yeah thats my favorite bar Up here. Its too bad you did not get to stay longer. They have some great beers.

Fortunately, most of the bars I have been to have had a reasonable selection of beers. I even went to a sports bar that had Bombardier on tap. The two guys I'm with still don't want to go back to the Flying Saucer because of the lack of Bud light or Bud. I was thinking about going to 2 Row's, but I'm pretty sure they would have shot that down as well.

Oh well. I've only had to pay for 2 beers since I've been here, so I can't complain too bad.

Make them man up and drink new castle or even St. Arnold's lawnmower beer. Anyone can enjoys those. Thats weird they don't have Bud light. I have gonna many of times with BMC drinkers that have ordered Miller or Bud at the Fort Worth Flying Saucer.

Ryanh1801 said:
Make them man up and drink new castle or even St. Arnold's lawnmower beer. Anyone can enjoys those. Thats weird they don't have Bud light. I have gonna many of times with BMC drinkers that have ordered Miller or Bud at the Fort Worth Flying Saucer.

They had Coors light and Miller light-- my guys won't even drink that. They DEMANDED Bud.

Crazy. I even tried to get them to drink some of the St. Arnold's stuff as you suggested, and even tried to get them to drink something like Czechvar.

No luck. Has to be Bud Light. Talk about a narrow field of view.

Back