Belgian Dubbel - Floating Particles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaybrewingco

Reaction score
I am going to bottle my Belgian Dubbel this weekend.. It has been sitting in the primary fermenter for about 3 weeks now.

There seem to be some particles suspended in the carboy.. They are neither sinking nor floating, but just kind of sitting there...

I would of thought that this would of settled out on the bottom, but it doesnt seem like it has.. Should I be concerned about this when it comes time to bottling, or do you think it will sink once in the bottles?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I took some advice from other HBT'ers to lightly stir the beer and/or shake it, but the particles are still hanging there. Any other tips...

If you have the means to cold-crash, do it. That will encourage those particles to drop out of suspension. A week at the coldest temps you can manage.

If you have the means to cold-crash, do it. That will encourage those particles to drop out of suspension. A week at the coldest temps you can manage.

Cool. I will give that a shot.. I'll set up a little swamp cooler in my basement and try to keep it as cold as I can for a week. Thanks fellow Pennsylvanian :mug:

EDIT: Actually, would a swamp cooler be good or would I need to go colder?

I actually have my kegerator still in my basement (where my beers are fermenting), so I will plug that in and put the carboy in there for a week. Luckily I didn't move it out on the patio yet for the summer.

Back