AHS Guinness kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am local to AHS and have used them for all of my kits...I have no complaints about any of the recipes that I have tried and they are great guys to call if you run into a problem or have a question.

Some of the other guys might be able to tell you if this recipe would be better all grain vs. extract-I am only up to mini-mash kits myself.

Cheers!

Bear in mind that this is a version of Guinness Extra Stout, which (at least in Canada) is contract-brewed, and not the same Guinness your SWMBO usually has. That said, I'm sure it's great. AHS has a good rep, and their kits are, I understand, pretty accurate. For this beer I'd recommend you go for the liquid yeast, too. I've used the Irish Ale yeast in a stout, and it adds a lot.

Thanks guys. The price of the kit falls within the budget so I'll give it a shot.

We have been trying lots of different Stouts lately. An RIS is in the near future.

I am going to order this for my 2nd brew. Anyone have any experience with this kit? Introducing a friend to home brewing and he is a Guinness freak, hope its close.

Which yeast would you recommend? It offers the following:
White Labs Irish Ale +6.99
Wyeast Irish Ale +6.99
Montons Premium Gold Ale Dry Yeast +2.79

Is the extra $4 worth the better yeast?

I just brewed the ahs budget stout mini mash today,smelled great.Hope it taste as good as it smelled :ban:

Back