Serving Soda in a Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMista

Reaction score
Hi, I have a kegerator setup and in the past have only used it for beer. I have done some reading and people suggest that I at least get different lines to serve the soda from (25-30'). Will I need to worry about off flavors if I use my Perlick taps, kegs, and all connections (everything but the liquid line) to serve both soda and beer?

Hi, I have a kegerator setup and in the past have only used it for beer. I have done some reading and people suggest that I at least get different lines to serve the soda from (25-30'). Will I need to worry about off flavors if I use my Perlick taps, kegs, and all connections (everything but the liquid line) to serve both soda and beer?

Not some sodas, but root beer is something that the flavor just will not come out of. I'd keep one keg just for root beer, if you're planning on having rootbeer. The seals and o-rings will never smell of anything except root beer, but the stainless parts (the faucet, the keg itself) will clean up just fine.

Only problem is the perlick faucet.. they have no flow control to run standard beer length lines.. either you have to dump the head pressure and push at a low psi or get really long lines to compensate for pushing at 25-30 psi.. :mug:

Latest posts

Back