Finally balanced my Kegarator!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
And it only took a couple of months... well, that and a 10ft beer line. But now my kegs get a constant 12psi to carb ~2.7 Volumes of CO2 and pour smoothly out of my taps with no foamage, just a beautiful head! I can't believe it took that much line though, I had a 4ft line in there originally! No wonder all I ever got was foam!

kinda off top but when one says a a volume of CO2(e.g. 2.4 volumes etc...) what does that mean?

The volumes of co2 tells you the ratio of co2 per liter of beer. 2 volumes of co2 means there is the equivalent of 2 liters of co2 at standard pressure & temperature dissolved in every liter of beer. In general, most beers you find in the US average around 2.5 Volumes of co2 I think. I personally like slightly more so I went for 2.7 as my standard. I suppose it's a matter of trying different ones until you find the best for you. I would start at 2.5 though as a good middle ground.

Yeah, I need to do that too. I've been procrastinating because I have 5.5 feet per faucet and it's borderline too loose. I think 7' would be the sweet spot. I going to start with 10 just so I don't have to do it a 3rd time. I may leave a few longer because I have a secondary bank and may run a keg higher for a hefe.

hmm.. i have a keg tapped with a picnic tap and it has around 4 feet of line on it. even at 4psi it comes out like crazy. i might hook my 10foot line up to it tonite and see how that works. right now at 8psi it comes out so fast its not even funny so i cranked it down to 4 and it still comes out fast but "pourable" i never thought of making the beer line longer to slow down the pour!

Back