Mario Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was an inspiration I had the other day actually. I already have flow meters hooked to a netduino to measure pour rates, so assuming I can get a speaker hooked to it, I could probably do it. Either that or look into porting the project over to my raspberry pi but I haven't had a lot of time to look into that. My thought was to have it play the "running out of time" music when you get to the last gallon or so

I know I know. If you get this working and go off of flow rate you should have it do the coin block noise thump-ching every oz or so...

Or, have different levels from Mario 1 background sound set dependant on what is on the particular tap. Heck if you work something out to determine how much is left in the keg you can do the speed up music like when time was running out on a level towards the end of the keg. Yeah I am a dork.

Quite possibly the coolest thing I've seen in a while, I love it. Can't wait to see how you progress with the project.

DrunkleJon said:
I know I know. If you get this working and go off of flow rate you should have it do the coin block noise thump-ching every oz or so...

Or, have different levels from Mario 1 background sound set dependant on what is on the particular tap. Heck if you work something out to determine how much is left in the keg you can do the speed up music like when time was running out on a level towards the end of the keg. Yeah I am a dork.

I think the water level music would be pretty cool to use with a coin block sound every now and then.

I think the water level music would be pretty cool to use with a coin block sound every now and then.

Now I am going to have to break out the emulator and beat all the NES Mario games again. On the later games, none of that flute level warping stuff.

Thanks all, its not as if I do not have other things to be doing with my life than cheezing out on video games I grew up on while drinking HB. If I could only think of them...

This is uber creative. I love it. The drip tray could be bricks, that seems easy enough. Can't wait to see more from you.

WOW.... As a old time gamer all I can say is I want one exactly like it... whats the cost?

WOW.... As a old time gamer all I can say is I want one exactly like it... whats the cost?

I don't have the exact cost, but if memory serves it came in at about $60 for the pipe and fittings (not counting any beer related hardware). It's a toilet flange, a straight coupler, a 3-way wye, 3 90* elbows, 3 end caps, and a short length of abs pipe to hold it all together plus some green paint. I didn't glue any of it to make future adjustments easier and it is holding up good so far. The figures I ultimately got on amazon for $5-$10 each, plus a threaded rod and some couplers to make the taps. Cut a hole in the bottom, stick rod inside and some gorilla glue for good measure.

Now I have that old school Mario music in my head. You remember the music from the original Mario, yeah, that one.

Nice work! :mug:

Great idea and thanks for sharing, I might modify this idea a bit to suit my own interest but I'll certainly give you credit when I do!

so i don't know how to do this but you need to rig this to play the game sounds when you pour

This was an inspiration I had the other day actually. I already have flow meters hooked to a netduino to measure pour rates, so assuming I can get a speaker hooked to it, I could probably do it. Either that or look into porting the project over to my raspberry pi but I haven't had a lot of time to look into that. My thought was to have it play the "running out of time" music when you get to the last gallon or so

I keep coming back to this thread for sheer amusement and love of Mario. This is a hilarious idea!

I keep coming back to this thread for sheer amusement and love of Mario. This is a hilarious idea!

lol thanks! I have decided to work on porting my code over to the RPi, it's kinda slow going though because I got a lot of other stuff to focus on too but it'll definitely get done. :D

Back