First time kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dweb911

Reaction score
So I love home brewing and finally got into all grain. This is my second batch (british ipa) and my lovely wife got me a keg with a picnic tap for my b-day. Btw keezer build in progress supplies in route. Anyway, I would love some advice on the initial carb pressure and serving pressure for a british ipa. Spring training starts in az this weekend and i need a quality brew on tap for our outings.

8 - 10 pounds psi should do it... there are good guides out there...be sure to purge the air from the keg after racking ... hit the relief valve a few times as the CO2 comes in ...

Let her sit for 5-7 days and check the head ...

I tried force carbing at the start, but it seemed too unbalanced and took too long to get back to a normal pour..now I just wait..

So also wondering if natural carb in keg would be better. Green taste on last kegged ipa sucked. A out to dump the batch.

Back