Lagunitas Daytime / Carton Boat Pale Ale Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksharpesays

Reaction score
Greetings, I am trying to make a sort of hybrid of the two beers mentioned in the title: Carton Boat beer and Lagunitas Daytime IPA as a birthday gift for a friend.

I am semi-new to brewing so I have a few questions here as far as hop scheduling and if any of you have had the above beers, I would appreciate some feedback. Both beers are really light in color, very hoppy, citrusy (grapefruit).

I was able to pull the grain-bill already by converting an extract recipe for Daytime that I found on here. As far as hops go, I haven't found anything worthwhile. I know Lagunitas and Carton both like to use the C hops. Cascade, Citra, Centennial.

I am making a 10 gallon batch and I have the below amounts of hops at my disposal/to play with:

4 oz Centennial
4 oz Citra
6 oz Cascade
5 oz Magnum
5 oz German Opal

Any idea as to suggestions of what to add in what order/times, other hops to purchase and throw in would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back