What Ya Doing For St Patties Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, last weekend was the Balloonmeister (Rally Chairman) at the 26th Annual St. Patrick's Day Balloon Rallye in Belen, New Mexico, USA where 40 hot air balloons drifted over the Rio Grande valley south of Albuquerque. After flying, we enjoyed my Toejam Robust Porter at the tailgate party. It was a huge hit.

It was held at a public park where alcohol is "officially" prohibited but the local police have told us that as long as we keep it low keyed, no one will say anything. Cool!

Then the County Sheriff came up to us and visited for awhile. He is running for re-election and was out "politikin". He saw the unlabled beer and asked about it. I told him about homebrewing and offered him a taste. He said that since he was armed, he could not drink alcohol.

He wandered away and a few minutes later came back to the party and asked if the offer to taste was still good. Then he said he had locked his gun up in his car and was ready taste our beer. He loved it and we may have another convert to the obsession. :mug:

i gave up beer for lent :( but i'm catholic and could break it and confess:).

oh well i'll keep my promise there is always next year.

Dude if your catholic you should for today break the promise, it's okay I'm sure the priest you confess too will say "I don't blame you my son":mug:

Am I the only person here who noticed this? Shame on you fellow Irishmen...

It is St. Paddy's day if not St. Patrick's day. Patty is a girls name....FAWK

I'm not sure how many bars you been too old friend but from coast to coast Sothern Cali to Jacksonville Fl we use the term St Patty's Day.....

:mug: No harm ment by it just what it's just how it is..........:mug:

The girl who has the toughest job in the world (cutting my hair so I look good) has her birthday tomorrow, and her name is Patty. So it is st. patty's day.

Besides, you wusses only have a day? In buffalo it's at least a weeklong celebration! :tank:

Well I go to Buffalo every year and I live there I'd drink every day and every night, not much else going on....:mug:

I'm not sure how many bars you been too old friend but from coast to coast Sothern Cali to Jacksonville Fl we use the term St Patty's Day.....

:mug: No harm ment by it just what it's just how it is..........:mug:

HA, yea I know and you are wrong...hence why I pointed it out.

Dude if your catholic you should for today break the promise, it's okay I'm sure the priest you confess too will say "I don't blame you my son":mug:

Last year the Pope allowed us Catholics to do whatever we gave up for lent. I haven't heard anything about it this year though. :(

Well the answer is for all those lent folks:

"one-day break during Lent the forty day period of fasting" = why it's the feast day enjoy

HA, yea I know and you are wrong...hence why I pointed it out.

How am I wrong?

Quoted:
Saint Patrick's Day
Also Called:
St Patrick's Day
St Paddy's Day
Patrick's Day
Paddy's Day

So I could have used either of the above. I choose to use the name most commonly used by bars since this is a beer site.......

I'm all for a good debate but you don't have much of one here....

The holiday was actually a catholic holiday that was adapted into an Irish Holiday thus why it's green instead of blue..... We can get technical if we need to but why not just post what your gonna do on St Patty's Day or Start a thread on which why the world must use St. Patrick's Day instead of St. Patty's Day.

Also side not it's not St. Patrick's Day it's actually Saint Patrick's Day.

Last year the Pope allowed us Catholics to do whatever we gave up for lent. I haven't heard anything about it this year though. :(

Definition of the day says it's the day of break from the 40 day's of fasting so it should be okay to use the day what has been used for since 1600s or so.

So drink a beer enjoy :mug:

How am I wrong?

Quoted:
Saint Patrick's Day
Also Called:
St Patrick's Day
St Paddy's Day
Patrick's Day
Paddy's Day

You just proved my point. There is no "Patty" there and Patty is a girls name, in ALL languages...you don't have much of an argument here. And St. Patrick, I believe did something in Ireland, no? I am done arguing...

What am I doing to St. Patties day?
I'm reading a bunch of non sense argument posts from a couple of boobs about the proper way of pronouncing a half ass holiday that's means nothing more in America than an excuse to get hammered.:p :mug:

Why does this argument take place every year. Who Cares!!?

You just proved my point. There is no "Patty" there and Patty is a girls name, in ALL languages...you don't have much of an argument here. And St. Patrick, I believe did something in Ireland, no? I am done arguing...

Yes Saint Patrick did do something Ireland...He is one of the patron saints of ireland....

Thus why the holiday moved to an Irish Holiday early on....

Dude I Call It St Patty's Day & Everyone I Know Do The Same... My point was it has many names....

I leave you with this on the topic: What's Wrong With Girls?

st_pattys.jpg

stpatricksgrils.jpg

What am I doing to St. Patties day?
I'm reading a bunch of non sense argument posts from a couple of boobs about the proper way of pronouncing a half ass holiday that's means nothing more in America than an excuse to get hammered.:p :mug:

Why does this argument take place every year. Who Cares!!?

Enjoy....

:ban: He Said Boobs!!!!

http://www.saintpattys.com/

Finished classes for the day. Going to break open a Guinness Extra Stout sometime in the near future.

Finished classes for the day. Going to break open a Guinness Extra Stout sometime in the near future.

Love some Guinness but I'm all out so I'm having to settle for my own stout which happen to be my first batch.....

It's not Guinness but damn it's good but I'm bias due to I made it.:rockin:

Already hosted the 2nd annual St. Patty's (sic) party this last weekend. Cooked up 8 lbs of corned beef, 10 lbs of potatoes, boiled cabbage, and green homemade ice cream. That was all to complement the Irish Ale and Dry Stout that I brewed up for the party.

Already hosted the 2nd annual St. Patty's (sic) party this last weekend. Cooked up 8 lbs of corned beef, 10 lbs of potatoes, boiled cabbage, and green homemade ice cream. That was all to complement the Irish Ale and Dry Stout that I brewed up for the party.

Good Deal...

Need an invite next year..:mug:

I will be waiting for Darklord Day tickets to go on sale, then have a couple beers at my local beer bar.

About to get my last wort from Tun & start my brew.....Also took an SG reading on my Devil Dog Ale...10 Days in Primary and it's at 1.015....Wow that was fast. Two Packs of Nottingham is the bomb..........

So It's gonna be around 9.5 % ABV and a beautiful red/crimson color....

Wife did a slab of corned beef, with carrots and potatoes in crock pot. Very delicious. She bought a 6 pack of Guinness, which I did not like.

I am keeping myself out of the fray and drunk drivers. gettin drunk at my place instead. Got a package store near me that sells draft beer by the half gallon. Got half gallon of Sierra Nevada bigfoot barleywine, Great Divide Yeti, and quarter gallon (free due to too much foam and new keg) of Good People Reserve IPA. boo-yah!

I have about 2 hours left of work, then I will drive as fast as the law allows to my house, run downstairs, and put my head under my Stout faucet. I am planning a brew day tomorrow so Life is Good!!

You cant die guinness green. While most of you will **** green for the next few days .... ill be happily consuming a beer that is its rightfull color.

Awesome day. It was nice out while I brewed my Extra Stout, I managed to score 2 Dark Lord tickets, and threw a big party and my friends and I drank about 25gal of beer. 4 kegs kicked and 2 still have a fair amount in them.

Made a cream ale and tinted it green with a little food coloring. Also, make some sweetened cider (6% abv). Had a big party at a friend's house with her orange hefeweizen and my green ale, plus the cider. Good times had by all. Also, hangover had by all the next day as well.

Back