Bottle bomb 3 months later?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
So I found an exploded bottle of my Hop Whompus that is about 3 months old. What gives? It's possible that the sunlight was shining through the window and got it warmed up. I guess the yeast isn't dead?

I've never had a bottle bomb, but I don't think the yeast ever really die, do they? They just go dormant. Maybe the heat roused the little buggers. Were you cold-conditioning before that?

Did a batch in the dead of winter and sored on 3 season porch when spring hit ferment started again and we had multiple bottle bombs. The sad story gave brother in law a six pack and he put in his cupboard yup they blew up his wife was real happy

Why one needs to consider using punctuation:

Dmay said:
The sad story gave brother in law a six pack and he put in his cupboard yup they blew up his wife was real happy

The sad story
gave brother in law a six pack
and he put in his cupboard
yup
they blew up his wife
was real happy

:D

FlyGuy said:
Why one needs to consider using punctuation:

The sad story
gave brother in law a six pack
and he put in his cupboard
yup
they blew up his wife
was real happy

:D

Is that a beer claymore? :D

Todd, that's so sad... that's such a good beer. Have you opened any of the others? It's possible that just one was infected (dirty bottle or something). I've had a single bottle (knock on wood) be infected, it came out as a gusher - every other bottle in the batch was fine.

There's a couple causes...a late developing gusher infection...which could only be in one bottle...I had a batch that didn't have that happen for several months, and only the last 6 pack were affected. Or too high of a storage place...I let some bottles in a cupboard above my fridge and had one go...

There's a couple causes...a late developing gusher infection...which could only be in one bottle...I had a batch that didn't have that happen for several months, and only the last 6 pack were affected. Or too high of a storage place...I let some bottles in a cupboard above my fridge and had one go...

Pssst... 03-15-2007, 05:25 PM

:drunk:

Back