First Gusher = Scared Poopless

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KFBass

Reaction score
Just had my first gusher. I'm using Ez bottle swing tops. Blew the top right off, and it hit the roof. Somehow I knew it was going to happen...last one of the first batch.

Salvaged most of the beer though!

well i wouldn't say it was screwed up. 1 gusher out of the whole thing never ruined anything. Sorry no pics tho. I was a bit frantic at the time trying to salvage a drink!

Lesson learned: If the swingtop is alot harder to open then all the others, do it over the sink, with a high ceiling.

Dude thats awesome!

Did you bottle prime? Or did you mix the Sugar into a bucket and just pour?

How much sugar did you use?

Probably the biggest plus for bottling, a gusher infection doesn't necessarily mean you lose the whole batch. They can certainly be startling, and messy.

It was revealed during the opening of the first bottle of my third batch that they were going to be "gushers." Unfortunately for my father in law, neither he nor I knew this. The poor guy tried to salvage the beer, but in his desperation, porter shot out of his nose.

A true hero.:tank:

Back