Messed up the first brew but the women like it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed_brews_now

Reaction score
When I tried to introduced my homebrew to a party people were reluctant to taste. To them it seems that beer comes from The Beerstore or pub -- not from home. They have some misconceptions.

I found that men had a preconception about what beer should taste like. So my stuff was something they never tasted before. They were confused. The women liked it.

It had low alcohol and was fruity and a little sweet with hops definitely present. It was brewed strictly according to the purity laws with English ale yeast. I guess that is where the fruity flavour comes from. I was a failure in that it fermented out at 1.020 gravity. Other than that it is quite a nice drink. I think the problem is that I did a partial boil, added the liquid ambers extract at the end(which apparently more non-fermentables) and probably caramelized some of the extract (I did get some scorching).

But there seems to be a feminine market for that type of beer.

Well.... are you trying to appeal to the men or the women ?

Had to ask.

Fruity beer attracts..... nevermind.

Just has to taste good to be a success, right? I'm hoping my recent batch of caramel cream ale (the famous recipe from this site) will attract non-beer drinking visitors, mostly women, to homebrew. That way I can save my vodka for the airlock and still have cranberry and orange juice when I need a glucose fix the morning after.

Can't blame them for thinking that beer comes from The Beer Store. It is where the beers are, after all ;)

I'm having the same issues. I find it helps a bit to explain why your brew tastes different than SAB Miller AB InBev Sapporo macro-lager. Like telling them what hops actually are, and what they do for a beer. And why your's doesn't taste like corn and rice :)

Back