Buying Specialty Grains in bulk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdoiv

Reaction score
Do any of the only shops offer a discount on buying Specialty grains in small bulk quantities like 5 or 10 pound bags? I've looked but haven't seen it yet. Some things I don't think I'll use enough of to buy a full 50# bag of but do use enough to warrant buying 5 to 10 pounds of.

I'v bought 10 lbs crystal from one of the LHBS's. It was rancid! and I no longer buy any ingredients there. My other LHBS usually doesn't have 10 lb bags of crystal (but what they do have is always fresh).
So I mail order my speciality grains, and add enough other things that I can't get locally to qualify for free shipping. Never had a problem with mail order malt.

-a.

The Grape and Granary has most specialty grains in oz, lb and 5lb quantities. There is usually a discount for larger quantities. Base grains are also sold in 10lb sizes at a discount or by the pound.
Craig

austinhomebrew.com sells ten pound bags of specialty grains, and they have a six dollar flat rate shipping policy, so check their prices against what you usually pay, but I am still looking for bulk sellers. I will see what I can turn up.

Back