Northern Brewer Peace Coffee Stout Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeachBumDeac

Reaction score
Just ordered this kit from NB... haven't brewed in a while because I've been in between cities and apartments, but I want to make something to bring home to the family for Christmas.

Anyone brewed this one, and have any tips?

I don't have any tips but I am brewing that one tomorrow! I haven't brewed in over 6 months and this is my first batch to get back into brewing. I am hoping to maybe enjoy it over the christmas holiday. I will let you know how it goes.

Well I brewed last Sunday and its still perkulating in my minibrew conical. I sampled a little last night when I took a gravitiy reading and it tasted great. But keep in mind the coffee has not been added just yet. I wanted to put a ? out there, could I keep it in my conical for the secondary and add the coffee in there or would I be better racking to a carboy?

can't help you with your question, but my stout is on the oven right now. I usually don't secondary, I just go straight from primary to bottling, but I'm thinking I might have to for this one because that's the only good time to add the coffee

can't help you with your question, but my stout is on the oven right now. I usually don't secondary, I just go straight from primary to bottling, but I'm thinking I might have to for this one because that's the only good time to add the coffee

Long primary, and add coffee/extract to your bottling bucket. Not saying a secondary wouldn't hurt, I've just never found it necessary myself.

Long primary, and add coffee/extract to your bottling bucket. Not saying a secondary wouldn't hurt, I've just never found it necessary myself.

eh, I don't think I want to end up with coffee grounds in the actual beer bottles. If it was just an extract, I'd add it in at bottling.

I found that one the other day on the NB website and Im considering ordering it. Has anyones finished yet?? Is it any good?

eh, I don't think I want to end up with coffee grounds in the actual beer bottles. If it was just an extract, I'd add it in at bottling.

Swirl your bottling bucket so it creates a tornado, mixing it well while drawing the sediment to the center. Just a suggestion/alternative, do what you feel most confident with and let us know what the end result is. Happy brewing!

Back