time...does it really heal all?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I brewed a VERY weak partigyle a few months back and when it was done it was a light crisp tasty beer with a TERRIBLE after taste. I mean it was so bad this stuff has ben setting in the beer fridge for months and I just pick around it and hope someone else will drink it. I wanted a beer just now and wanted something light so I decided to try one of these. The taste is still good and the after taste is pretty much gone. So once again NEVER dump your beer. You never know what a decade or two can do for it lol.

Very interesting. I had made a batch of pumpkin ale last year and when all was said and done it ended up tasting like old lunch meat. I didn't know if it was infected or if it was just very phenolic. Unfourtunatley my beer sat in basement for a year and when I tryed a bottle recently it still tasted nasty. oh well

Very interesting. I had made a batch of pumpkin ale last year and when all was said and done it ended up tasting like old lunch meat. I didn't know if it was infected or if it was just very phenolic. Unfourtunatley my beer sat in basement for a year and when I tryed a bottle recently it still tasted nasty. oh well

Wow that sucks, i find it challenging to make awful beer,and very very good beer.Sticking to the basics and decent ingredients should at least make an ok beer, would you care to elaborate a little on this? Did you find out why it was so bad? That is what would make me curious,and definatly something to learn from. Probably the reason i always write everything down,that way diagnoisis is a little easier to try to narrow things down. If i had a beer that bad i definatly would be picking that apart one by one. Cuz i shure as hell would not want to do it again.

Latest posts

Back