Any thoughts on John Bull Master Class Irish stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardiac_cadet002

Reaction score
I was looking at trying the John Bull Master Class Irish stout as my next brew. Has anyone tried this & if so, would you recommend it? Would everyone else agree that Nottingham would be a good yeast to use?

Go for it.

If it's an all malt kit then it's will make a good beer. I believe it is a no boil?

Nottingham is a fine ale. (Doesn't the kit come with yeast.)

In the UK I think the kits go for around £14.99 ($30) ish

I was looking on my LHBS website and it dosent mention any yeast coming with it. Your right, it is an all malt kit, just add a little H2O and yer good to go, of course I like to bring it to boil and hold for about 10 minutes at a simmer. I cant wait till SWMBO and I get a bigger house and then I plan on going AG, but in the meantime I will be happy with what I can make in my VERY limited space.

I have a keg of the John Bull Stout conditioning right now. I did taste a sample when I transferred...I think it is going to be good. I will be tapping in another week or so.

Don't boil the malt. You'll drive off the hop aroma, It's pre boiled. The wort boil has been done at the factory

If you want to boil and cool your water before adding.

Latest posts

Back