Epic Dog Beer Fetching

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewkrew

Reaction score
Has anyone trained their dog to walk over to the fridge, open the door, grab a beer, and bring it to you? You know the movie Shooter? Just like that?

I cannot imagine a more epic trick a dog could do. I have a young 8month old Shiba Inu and she doesn't listen for ****, but if she ever learns one thing, it will be this!

Nothing

My pet ferret rinses a glass, pries the top, pours a perfect head and then drinks the whole damn thing.

I am about to shoot the little ****er.;)

My cat does it all the time.

msbok.jpg

The day my dog brings me a slobbery shook up beer will be a day for much rejoicing at the house. No more need for dog food, no more vaccuuming up dog hair, no more barking at 2 am at a person walking by....

Haha epic pic. Perhaps you are right and this would not be ideal for a home brew... don't want to shake anything up that has so nicely settles, but for a basic BMC I don't think a dog would shake it up to much... Still think this would be epic though lol

Funny the linked thread is about a boxer & boxer mix. I have a boxer, way too freaking intelligent & independent. I started teaching her this trick only to have her learn to open the freaking fridge on the second try. At which point my wife & I looked at one another and said, 'this is a bad idea'. At that time we had a toddler so we had a child-proof latch on the fridge. But without it it would only be a matter of time before the dog decided to go 'fridge diving' while we were out of the house! I should also mention I already had her fairly well trained to pick up a bottle so connecting the dots wouldn't have taken much time at all.

I say it's a bad idea unless you want to live with a child-proof latch on your fridge door till said dog dies. At least it would be with my hunk of boxer love! She already opens the pantry door to grab a snack of bread when it's not closed securely. Yes she opens doors with her paws if they're not totally shut/latched or use her mouth if something is hanging on the knob.

Schlante,
Phillip

Back