Sucking back a Hobgoblin - Now I know...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
What MY first brew is supposed to taste like when I give it enough time.
(Shut up Revvy) ;)

I bottled my EBA a couple of weeks ago, and of course couldnt wait the entire 3 week stint to crack the first one and sample. (Ive drank more than half a case of 22s already) and I must say, they were quite tasty. A little hot, but tasty nonetheless.

Today while shopping at my local Kroger I spotted a couple of interesting brews that I have seen mentioned before here.
Arrogant Bastard Ale, Couple of Hefes, and Hobgoblin EBA. I chose the Hobgoblin as I have an EBA conditioning in the bottles now, and I wanted to do a 'taste test' of sorts.
Mmmmmmmmm, wow this is a tasty beer! I can see the resemblance of my EBAs and how they SHOULD taste provided I leave them alone long enough! :)
This has given me new motivation to let them mellow a bit - This is some tasty brew!
(Okay Revvy, you can insert your comments now) ;) Yeah, you told me so...
Once...
Okay more than once...
Damn it! In every stinkin post you have posted!!
Luv ya anyway :cross:
-Me

Hobgoblin is good stuff! Now you make me want to go to the fridge and have a Hobgoblin, too. (I'm trying to do my lesson plans, and it won't help much) If you haven't already, check out Wychwood's website, their posters are great, especially the one for Magic Potion!
I feel your pain, my first batch hit 2 weeks in the bottle today, and man, it tastes great, but so did the 4 I've already had in the last 2 weeks while it was still green!

Hobgoblin is a really fine English ale. I've done a clone before and the one I put in the fermenter today was heavily influenced by the Goblin.

yum!!

Craig

Have you learned how to pour a beer yet, or are you still terrorizing you wife and kid with those hideous yeast farts?:D Don't they drink BMC at those MMA events? You're going to be labeled a beer snob, and then Chuck Liddel is going to kick the holy hell out of you!:rockin:

ohhhh... Hobgoblin... i mean damn man i am not a big beer drinker and to me sometimes a Hobgoblin is the only thing that cuts it at all... but i also cant tolerate some of the other english ales out there... im werid... but when in the mood, ill go for the goblin

Cheers

Have you learned how to pour a beer yet, or are you still terrorizing you wife and kid with those hideous yeast farts?:D Don't they drink BMC at those MMA events? You're going to be labeled a beer snob, and then Chuck Liddel is going to kick the holy hell out of you!:rockin:

LOL yes I know how to properly pour a HB. (I watched the youtube vid long before I cracked my first - just got carried away then) :p

Yeah, they only serve BMC at the events but normally when I have a fighter in the booth with me (we) are getting free beers. My fellow commentator/announcer is a pro fighter too - so far I havent been threatened for being a beer snob. (Only threatened if I DONT come out and train with them one of these days...) What is it about beating up on a totally inexperienced slob that is so appealing? :cross:

The one time I met Chuck in person, he just finished KOing Randy for the second time. I think I could have taken him then...

For a beer that is :tank:
-Me

I heard Chuck on an episode of NPR's "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!" Sounds like a cool guy. You're a good sport, too. We should have a beer sometime!:mug:

Back