Brewing on the burner of a Grill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomek322

Reaction score
I have a grill with a burner on the side. Anyone ever boil on one of those? Do they provide enough heat?

Pretty sure they don't throw off that many BTUs, but more importantly - how much weight do you think it'll support? You certainly aren't going to be doing a full boil on there, for either reason.

Good thought, but so was Communism. I'll 2nd what the Bird has already said. The weight alone would be to great for all but the strongest of grille's and I doubt you could ever get enough BTU out of it to keep a good rolling boil.

I think you'd get better heat and better stability with your kettle on the grill itself. It all depends on your grill, though.

Drunkensatyr said:
Good thought, but so was Communism. I'll 2nd what the Bird has already said. The weight alone would be to great for all but the strongest of grille's and I doubt you could ever get enough BTU out of it to keep a good rolling boil.

I set my full boil on top of mine this past weekend to get it higher then my bucket. It held it just fine. But I don't think it would get hot enough to do a full boil. A half, I'm sure it could.

I did it with a partial boil and it held up fine. I had to fashion a windscreen out of some foil though. Even on full it took a while to get to boil. Turkey fryer works better.

Cregar said:
:off: off topic:

I have a George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill, it is rated at 1600 watts output... Do you think it has enough power to be able to do a full boil (6.5 gallons)?

<Clark Griswold> 'I heard on the news that they spotted Santa's sleigh'
<Cousin Eddie> Are you serious, Clark?

my 210k BTU burner from AHS cost the same as that thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back