coffee porter recipe plz?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boohoops

Reaction score
hey all, new to brewing here. currently have my first brew, a light wheat ale, sittin in a secondary and should be ready for bottling next weekend. anyways, tonight my buddy got some of that Kona Pipeline Porter beer with th coffee flavoring (http://www.konabrewingco.com/beers/pipeline-porter). we all really liked it and i was wondering how to go about brewing something real similar but with th added hint of vanilla to it. now i kno this may or may not be too difficult for a newbie but my older bros got a few batches under his belt so i think we might be able to handle it. can anyone help me out with a recipe here? thanks so much in advance! :mug:

your going to have to brew this beer several times to get the amounts right. start with the coffee. grind up half a pound and let it soak in 2 quarts water over night in the fridge then add it to the bottling bucket on bottling day. adjust the amount and type of coffee to taste.

for the extract it will depend on the brand of extract. some are stronger than others. start with half a table spoon in the bottling bucket and see how that tastes. again adjust to taste on later batches.

cool right on. yea i figured th vanilla part will definitely be trial and error process..

so should i just go about doing a basic porter for this and then do th flavoring process at the end like u said? i was actually thinkin of adding th flavors to the secondary

Latest posts

Back