Problem with perlicks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Gators

Reaction score
I recently received my kegging equipment, as well as the kit to make a two tap tower kegerator. I installed everything with no real problems, until it came to installing the faucets. They are both perlicks, and I can not get them to screw into the tower. I can force them to start (I believe this is stripping them) and they seem tight, however you can tell there is still some of the grooves that don't go into the tower as far as they could. Anyone ever had this problem? or know how to fix it? Will this still work by forcing them in the way I did? I don't want a leak...sorry for so many questions. I got the stuff from keg connection.

I'd call customer service. You don't want to damage the faucets and be SOL. From what I hear, they've got great service. Give it a shot.

There have been complaints of Perlick faucets with defective threads on this board. You might want to see if you can get them exchanged.

Yeah they should thread into a standard shank just fine it might be defective. Either that or you have some odd type of threading on your shank.

Latest posts

Back