Michigan Winter Beerfest 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morning_Dew

Reaction score
I had two tickets already purchased for the Michigan Winter Beerfest 2014. Charge even showed up on my Credit Card Activity.

However, the ticket agency is now telling the purchase never went through.

Really NEED a ticket (preferably 2). If anyone has one or two they would like to sell PLEASE let me know. I can pay immediately.

Thanks.

Call them back and ***** them out. Make the honor the tickets. Use your proof as proof. I'd be pissed if the charge went through and everything.

I'm not going this year. I can only go to a certain number of these events, and I prefer the Traverse City Music and Microbrews Winter Fest. It's not as big as far as the beer goes, but there is some great music and good food, and my wife and I make a romantic weekend out of it. I always seem to come away with a new band to like.

The new system of "online only" was a total failure. Watching that timer count down to zero after you said you wanted them (twice) sucked. I say put them back into the Pubs then you can go get a Pint and your Tickets.

I'm disappointed as well.. I didn't have the extra dough until they sold out. I'm debating going anyway and seeing what's up.. Who knows... I used to be great at sneaking into concerts.. The best was at a Phish show in US Bank Arena in Cinci. Mainly because it's pretty rare to be able to sneak into an indoor concert at a major indoor venue. Well, Red Rocks was close too, this was after they added that long walkway and changed it a bit to make it much more difficult for people to sneak in..

But I digress..

MuthaF'er... The Traverse City Winter Microbrews and Music Festival is on the SAME DAY as the High School Band Carnival AGAIN this year.

This is really starting to piss me off. Seems like the band director could pick a different day just ONCE. Haven't been able to make it up there for a few years now, just because of this carnival.

Maybe I should have tried to get some tix for the MBG event after all.

I'm disappointed as well.. I didn't have the extra dough until they sold out. I'm debating going anyway and seeing what's up.. Who knows... I used to be great at sneaking into concerts.. The best was at a Phish show in US Bank Arena in Cinci. Mainly because it's pretty rare to be able to sneak into an indoor concert at a major indoor venue. Well, Red Rocks was close too, this was after they added that long walkway and changed it a bit to make it much more difficult for people to sneak in..

But I digress..

There are always people selling tickets in line for the festival... Just get there a bit early and you'll surely be able to get some tickets.

Homer, I was on the phone making plans to go to the 2014 All Star game at 5th 3rd when the news of the fire hit. So far they are still planning on the Winterfest, and opening day, as well as the All Star game. Probably going to Founders Saturday and will drive by the BallPark to check out the damage.

Yeah I think it was mostly just some office and suites that burned up... They can always have that section under construction while still having the rest of the place open.

Yeah, they don't use the part of the building that was burned to the ground for the beer festival. I have only been there for the first festival in GR, but I have heard they've moved most of the action out to the parking lot area. I imagine they still use the buildings just outside the fence in center to right field.

The owner claims they will be ready for opening day too, which is good news.

Back