DFH red & white tastes like #*&$

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volvodude

Reaction score
Last night I had a bottle of DFH red & white. It took me almost 4 hours to choke it down, and I was struggling at the end. That almost never happens to me with any beer.
Am I just odd, or does anyone else feel that way about this beer?

A big, belgian-style Wit brewed with coriander and orange peel and fermented with Pinot Noir juice. After fermentation a fraction of the batch is aged in one of our giant oak tanks.

This has been one of our most popular Limited Edition beers at both our Rehoboth Beach, DE brewpub and at festivals. It successfully marries the refreshing citrusy qualities of a Belgian-style white beer with the robust complexity of a bold red wine.

A big, belgian-style Wit brewed with coriander and orange peel and fermented with Pinot Noir juice. After fermentation a fraction of the batch is aged in one of our giant oak tanks.

This has been one of our most popular Limited Edition beers at both our Rehoboth Beach, DE brewpub and at festivals. It successfully marries the refreshing citrusy qualities of a Belgian-style white beer with the robust complexity of a bold red wine.

It tastes like wine and beer mixed together. I have had it. It is certainly not the worst DFH beer I have ever had but far, far from the best. IMO all DFH beer is a love or hate thing, I can tell after the 1st oz. if it will be drank or dumped and I was running pretty close to 50/50 per beer tried. It is this reason that I was not horribly upset to see it no longer distroed in my state. That swill ain't cheap!

@ OP at least you now have a REALLY cool bottle!

Not my favorite as I prefer black and blue. IMHO none of their bottled beers are good, but out of the tap they are remarkable.

I'm not a fan either, I went to the brewery for a tour in Milton and bought a bottle. The tour was awesome though.

Zamiel You're right-the bottle is pretty nice. I see a nice mead resting in
there.

I do like most DFH beers I have tried, so this is by no means a knock on them. They are still one of my favorite craft breweries.

I actually enjoyed my bottle of DFH red & white. It is not the best beer I have ever had but it was interesting...certainly not crap. Maybe you got a bad bottle? After trying it once though there are other less expensive beers that I would rather buy...

Back