need some Love TSS2-2100 help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikrocks

Reaction score
Well, I wrote this email to ClaudiusB, since he seems to be the LOVE expert (he helped me before), but his inbox is full. So, I open this up to the floor...

I tried tweaking the settings on my TSS2 yesterday, and I think I screwed something up. Here's what I want to do:

Have the temp at about 68*.
Cooling would turn on at 70.5* and off at 69*.
Heat would turn on at 66.5* and off at 68*.
So, I set:
SP1=69
r1=1.5
SP2=0
r2=2.5

The only other settings I touched were P5=1, c1=dir, c2=inv, r0=dep.

Yet, my chamber is currently at 63.9* and the heater is still off. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Here is a rather old repost. I'm not sure if it will help or not.

I have installed a Love TSS2 temperature controller with a TS-61 probe on my fermentation fridge. Because my fermentation fridge is located in an unheated garage I needed the ability to control both cooling and heating. I have a heating pad inside the fridge to act as a heater and turn the fridge on/off for cooling.

Some of the programming for the Love controller are a bit confusing so I'm commiting my set-ups to the web before I forget what I've learned.

I have my controller set to hold the temp between 68 and 69. The heat or fridge turn on when the temperature goes .1f above or below the set range. I have a one degree dead zone to prevent the heat and fridge from both running at the same time and to prevent them from quickly cycling on/off which is bad for the fridge. I have the alarm set to go off if the temperature is above 72 for more than 20 minutes and the alarm also goes off if the temp drops to 32 for more than 20 minutes. I set the low temp alarm very low because I dial the fridge down to 34 to get my beer to clear before drawing it from the fermentor. The 20 minute time delay insures that I am not annoyed by a beeping alarm when I have the door open for 5 or 10 minutes while I adjust shelves and move fermentors around.

I am using one probe to sense temperature and the Love has two built in outputs one can handle up to 16amps and the other 8amps. I have my fridge wired to the normally open set of R1 contacts while my heat is hooked to the normally open contacts of R2. I mounted the controller in a plastic enclosure from Lowes/Home Depot and cut apart two extension cords to get male & female pigtails. The male plug plugs into the house outlet and then the fridge and my heating pad plug into the female receptacles so I don't have to cut the plugs off the fridge.

Here is how my controller is programmed. Most are the factory default, I am only listing the values I changed.
SP1 69
sp2 68
r1 .1
r2 .1
a1 72
a3 32
c2 inv
p5 1

Thanks, but that didn't work either. I also tried to switch to r0=IND, then

SP1=69
r1=1.5
SP2=68
r2=1.5

But the heater still will not turn on. I'd down to 62.3 now. I emailed Dwyer, and we've gone back and forth a bit with no luck. There has to be some little thing that I'm forgetting about, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Weird.

Back