Question about wyeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigskooter

Reaction score
After pitching the wyeast 1968. I realized after the fact that I was supposed to activate the smack pack 3 hours prior to pitching. Is this going to effect my ferment. It has been 2 days and I am still getting a lot of activity out of my blow off tube from my Carboy. The batch was an imperial porter

image-40865782.jpg

image-1660367951.jpg

Pict on left was taken today 48 hours after. Pict on right was taking 24 hours after

That looks healthy, if its blowing off, that is good. But since that isn't in a controlled fermentation temp chamber what was the OG and what is the ambient temp? Also how long did you wait to smack it, and what's the date on the pack.

In all reality you probably underpitched but that doesn't mean your beer won't turn out good.

Have you invested in a stir plate? I would advise it if you haven't.
38 bucks on www.bellsbeer.com general store, homebrew supplies, (you can find it) and get a 2L flask and 1lb or 3lbs dme light (pilsen) depending on how much you brew

Use www.mrmalty.com for starter calculations. Its easy and takes about 3 days in advance to make a starter

It ensures proper pitching rates and helps significantly in proper pitching rates

Back