straight lambic in central Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncommonsense

Reaction score
My club is starting a style from a hat game. im up first and i drew straight unblended lambic, does anyone know what would be a good one i could get around here.

I dont know whats in Lincoln, but my best guess would be to try Friar Tucks in Peoria.

Off the top of my head, the only one I can think off is Cantillon Grand Cru Bruocsella, which is straight 3 year old lambic. You maybe able to find some American versions, but I guess that brings up the question how tightly you want to define lambic?

Friar tucks in bloomington says the have cantillon on there website. Ive heard of it and it sounds like my best bet. Ill give them a call and see if the have it

I realy like this idea though. the game is one person draws a style from a hat (12 pack box). And you have to go find an example of it and give a little presentation about the style. Give alittle history and what makes the style unique and find or make a homebrew recipe for it. I think it should be a fun segment for our club meetings.

Putting straight lambic in a draw a style hat is a pretty dick move. Did some other guy get to draw Light American Lager?

dwarven_stout said:
Putting straight lambic in a draw a style hat is a pretty dick move. Did some other guy get to draw Light American Lager?

No this is the first time we're doing it. I think i can find that cantillon though. If not im sure no one will care if i just pick up a fruit lambic which i know i can find. Ill just give a presentation for both. We are a pritty relaxed and small club, hell one guy isnt even a homebrewer he just likes good beer and like to talk about it.

Back