Looking for approval of diagram

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks right to me. Though don't take my word - I'm just going by my 120V build. An electrical expert could probably tell you better. The one weird thing is the double wires going to points B and C. You could do it that way, but you could also use a jumper so that each wire in or out gets its own place on the terminal strip.

I put my switch between points F and L1 on that diagram. That way if it's off, no power is going to the element, but the PID is still reading temps.

thats exactly what I needed to know =D thanks
Edit: I just realized my PID is automation direct SL 4848-RR. Does anyone know what # ports I should be wiring to?

Yea, I got it in a RIMS controller for $75 with a 20a double throw switch, RTD probe, and a waterproof project box. I tried using the prebuilt RIMS but melted the 25a SSR the first time I boiled. I assume it was wired incorrectly as I was only asking 13.75a of it. So I bought a 40a SSR with a heat sink and plan to rewire it myself.
Wow those diagrams are in another language(nearly) so my RTD will go into 8,9,10. uhhh....power goes into 11,12(Inserting the 2 wires that arent ground. Does it matter which goes where?) and output goes into 1,2. that sound about right? (I have an electrical engineer friend I'll have look over my work before I power it on)

I let my electrical engineer friend look at the 4848 manual. He said it looks like there is resistors in the diagram. Are they internal or are they needed externally to properly run the PID?

Latest posts

Back