NB Belgian Dubbel question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draken

Reaction score
The instructions call for 2 weeks in the primary and then 4 more in a secondary. Can I just leave it in the primary for 5 and then bottle condition for 3 or 4? Or do I really need to rack this over?

In some cases, a secondary is helpful. In this case, I would do the secondary as prescribed, or do a 3 week primary and see how it goes. In either case, I wouldn't leave it in primary for five weeks.

5 or 6 weeks in primary is fine for Belgian brews.. Just make sure that it is finished. It acn often atke a long time to get the last few points.

Once they are in bottles let them sit for a couple of months. Belgians just get better with age.

The instructions call for 2 weeks in the primary and then 4 more in a secondary. Can I just leave it in the primary for 5 and then bottle condition for 3 or 4? Or do I really need to rack this over?

I left mine in the primary for 4-weeks then racked to a keg. It turned out great and I definitely plan to brew this again some day.

Back