Noble Hpped Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bh10

Reaction score
Anybody ever do a Pale Ale with just noble hops? I got my recipe from BMW, its a Vienna/Munich based recipe with a 1/2lb of caramunich. I was going to use a variety of american (chinook, centennial, & cascade), but now Im thinking to use noble hops for the flavor and aroma additions. This is what I was thinking;

1oz Northern Brewer- 60min
.5oz Hallertau- 30min
.5oz Saaz- 30min
.5oz Hallertau- 15min
.5oz Saaz- 15min
.5oz Hallertau- 5min
.5oz Saaz- 5min

and maybe a 1oz of styrian golding at the 15 or 5min mark. Which will put it at a 40-50ibu beer, with an estimate OG of 1.052. For the yeast I was going to use Pacman, 1272, or 1968. I havent made up mind mind probably Pacman man though, since the basement is steady at 62*, and I know Pacman loves the cooler conditions.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or just going back to the to my other hop schedule?

That sounds yummy. Noble hops work great for pale ales. The IBU's should be fine, no need to add the s. goldings. Just my opinion, I add the s. goldings at flameout for aroma.

Sounds good, I might leave it out. Might dry hop with it since I have a lot with it in the freeze.

Anymore suggestions?

Back