Baby Names?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBbrewing

Reaction score
Thought I would ask for some input, my wife and I found out 2 weeks ago that we are going to have our 1st child and I would like to give him/or her a brewing related name. Do you guys and gals have any suggestions on names???

Boy = Kent or Cooper

Girl = Amber or Crystal

Good luck and let us know what you ultimately decide on. :mug:

Vorlauf

but really, i was trying to name my kid Killian. wife ruined it for me. we're of irish decent and i thought it would go nice for a boy or a girl (i like it for a boy better i think)

I'll second Kent, since it is a good hop and my surname as well.

I'd also like to see a kid named Sorachi Ace. He can star in anime films when he grows up.

Marris
Otter
Krausen!
mount hood
Cascadian dark ale
Russian imperial stout, or just Russ
Dortmunder

Ok i got carried away.

I've always liked the girl name Autumn. Have no clue why. So, to go with that, I'd go with Amber.

Little secret in baby names: Don't ever tell anyone what the name is until born. Someone will completely ruin the name for you before the kid is born.

and remember, if you are finding out the sex... be prepared for it to be wrong. When they tell you it is a girl that only means they didn't SEE anything.... doesn't mean you won't have to repaint the room, buy new bedding, clothes, and toys.....

I still always wonder how these threads remain on general beer discussion and not on general chit chat where they belong.
anyhow, I second pliney - boy or girl..

Reinheitsgebot

If you go for a hop name pick something spectacular like : Fuggle or Cascade

or go for something subtle like:
Robert Donald Walter Henry Albert Howard Benjamin (May work better if your last name starts with a "B" and you can drop Benjamin...) ;)

Betty!

http://legends-folktales.blogspot.com/2007/06/betty-stoggs-baby.html

image-1531636453.jpg

I told SWMBO about this thread (She knows some things about brewing and tries hard but is not a brewer.) and she came up with a FANTASTIC name IMO...Tannins...When she suggested that I looked at her like a deer in the headlights and before thinking said,"But honey, You do not want Tannins in your beer." She replied,"EXACTLY..."

:rockin:

GL!

I heared this from a nurse recently.Some people are naming their children sh*thead pronounced "sh*taya" No sh*t Sherlock.I Googled it and it is happening!!Can you imagine the first day of school for the rest of their lives!!
Actually we are considering this name for our next dog.If I can ever get this on to eat the Damned hops!!

Many years ago, when itinerant workers from London descended en-mass to help with the hop harvest in Kent, it was inevitable that "friendships" blossomed among the healthy young adults. 9 months later there was the annual depositing of new-borns on the steps of London Hospitals and orphanages.

These kids were named by the nurses and carers, all sorts of first names, but the family name given to many was "Hopkins", which I thought was rather sweet.

For a girl I would go with Ardennes I would pronounce it like are-denay
More wine related but another girl name would be Sonoma

Latest posts

Back