What Do You Use To Carry Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thwizzit

Reaction score
Once you bottle up a case or two, how do you transport the bottles around? Do you just buy some plastic storage crates from Staples or do you use old Soda cases or something like that? I'm looking for something that will fit the Grolsch swing-top bottles so I don't have to move them from place to place a few bottles at a time.

I know I can just get any old box but I'd rather have something that works a little better or is specifically designed to hold bottles.

I brew with Poland Spring and get a big cardboard box that holds 6 one gallon jugs of spring water. These boxes are the perfect height and size for flip top bottles, so that is what I use.

Boxes are very sturdy as well, so it works great.

Thanks for the replies. I actually have a couple of those Poland Spring boxes in the garage, that I forgot about, I 'll definitely give them a try and I'll pop over to the beer distributor and see if they have any crates that would work.

Thanks again :)

I mostly bottle in 22oz bomber bottles so I either just save the boxes (and bottles!) when I buy bombers by the case or ask my local beer store for cardboard case box empties (these also have the dividers in them), they are always willing to give them up.

for 12 oz bottles i use red coca-cola crates they fit 30 bottles nicely

for grolsch bottles i use the grolsch 4 pack carrier

for liter swing tops i use the box they came in

I bought a brew-hauler, which is a nylon strap 'cage' you buckle around the carboy.

whoops, i misread the post....

I have cardboard cases for all my bottles. got my bottles from friends (half cases of Sunshine Wheat bottles) and from the bottling distributor (olde skool budweiser cases, with actual pop-top bottles!)

homebrewer_99 said:
I use the German plastic crates (racks) that I purchased the original beer in...

Same here. I have about a half-dozen racks. Works great on the .5L bottles; the American .33L size rattles around a bit.

But the nice thing about racks is that they stack.

homebrewer_99 said:
I use the German plastic crates (racks) that I purchased the original beer in...:D..other than that I use milk crates.

Yeah, me too!

ErdingerRacks.jpg

Back