Jeroboam, Réhoboam and Matuselah

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiroux

Reaction score
I'm looking for a place to buy or recycle these kind of bottles. It doesn't seem to exist around here!!

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, these are champagne bottle size.

Jeroboam = 3 liters (known as Double Magnum)
Réhoboam = 4.5 liters
Matuselah = 6 liters

Good luck. I can't imagine what it would cost to get them new. Sure would be freaking cool to have homebrew in a giant bottle though. I've been to one party where a 9l St Feulliean was served. It was a hoot.

Good luck. I can't imagine what it would cost to get them new. Sure would be freaking cool to have homebrew in a giant bottle though. I've been to one party where a 9l St Feulliean was served. It was a hoot.

Oh, that is the next one, called a ''Salmanazar''.

I'm not really looking for new bottles, I know it would be way too expensive and probably un-findable. I would just like to get a couple of them... to show of in parties!

Well... what about simple Magnum (1.5L), is it findable?

Actually, I was thinking that you might act a bit proactively and CALL the vendor to find their source.

Actually, I was thinking that you might act a bit proactively and CALL the vendor to find their source.

I wasn't proactive yesterday late in the night.. this morning, it seems logic to be, ahah. Sorry about that, and thank you.

Edit: Well, they answered me that (like almost any US suppliers), they don't ship outside country. Thanks anyway

I found a few 3L on eBay for around 50$ ea. Shipping to Canada might be a problem. A friend just dropped off about a case of standards and 3 magnums. A friend of his has been on a mimosa kick and he raided their recycling for me. :D

Have been trying to find a source myself. Google is problematic. I just find bottles that have bubbly still in them. I've tried some larger producers (mumm etc.) and no beans. Don't want to give me the time of day. I too am looking for jeroboam and up....

Good luck guys. Waterloo sells Jeroboam but you need to buy a whole skid and they're special order. There is also another retailer called Brick Packaging but I bet they're just a middleman like Waterloo and Cal Glass. Most of the time those bottle sizes are minimum pallet orders and I don't know how many come on a skid. There are two bottle manufacturers that I know of that make the large format champagne bottles. Saveur makes up to 3L I think but the only other is Saint Gobain which makes up to 12L or 15L I think.

The first place I'd try is Cal Glass but I think you need to set up a line of credit purchasing account with them at a minimum of $500. I had emailed them in the past but never was very proactive about pursuing it any further. The largest I've purchased is up to 9L. I have a bunch of 3L and two 6L.

Hi Ti-roux,

I'm from Gatineau (Hull) and I'm also looking for Jeroboam.
I have the feeling that the only ones I could buy is going to be the one from SAQ.com (80$).
Regarding the magnum, You can find some at the LCBO.com for ~12$

If you have a better/cheaper solution, I'll be glad to read it.

Edouard

Hi Ti-roux,

I'm from Gatineau (Hull) and I'm also looking for Jeroboam.
I have the feeling that the only ones I could buy is going to be the one from SAQ.com (80$).
Regarding the magnum, You can find some at the LCBO.com for ~12$

If you have a better/cheaper solution, I'll be glad to read it.

Edouard

Still haven't found better than buying a 6-pack of Chimay Magnum yet :D

Use craigslist. I did a search and found one Jerobaum in York, ME for $45. That's in my radius of searches. Maybe I just got lucky. I'm sure you could find some for free if you just wait. Plus there are recycling sites you could put up a "wanted" on.

Back