Buying Bulk Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebull

Reaction score
I live in the Southwest. Buying the grains from a couple of my most used homebrew suppliers works well, but the shipping costs on 50# bulk grain sacks are killing me. Is there a place out West that supplies 2 row with a lower shipping rate? No reason to pay shipping on Great Western Malt from Washington to the East coast and back to me.

Is there no local homebrew store around? Most of them are happy to give price breaks on whole sacks. May or may not equal the cost of shipping it over, but you're supporting the local guy, and you have the convenience of going to pick up more when you want. Not to mention there's a face to talk to if there's any trouble.

omniscientomar said:
They're in New York, near Albany I though...

D'oh, you made my heart skip for a second!

They're in Champlain, NY, which looks like it's within spitting distance of the Canadian border.

Isn't Morebeer out west? I used Midwest for my first sack of grain, and they weren't too bad on the shipping, but they're not in the southwest (obviously).

I just had to shop around alot. Luckily you're only looking for 2-row. I was buying Maris Otter...and all the places that had great shipping deals didn't carry it. 2-row should be easy to find. Easy as it gets.

Latest posts

Back