Anniversary Gifts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robar

Reaction score
Being after midnight where we live it is now My wife's and my 20th wedding anniversary. Went out had a nice dinner then stoped off to visist our son and sooner or later to be daughter-in-law. We had a nice visit then came home.

When we were home my wife got pretty secretive and snuck off to the bedroom saying for me to stay in the living room . I thought I might get her with a bow and no wrapper if you know what I mean. However to my surpise she handed me a gift bag (Her still fully clothed) with three books in it. They are as follows.

1) The Homebrewer's Recipe Guide by, Patrick Higgins, Maura Kate Kilgore, & Paul Hertlein.

2) Homebrew Favorites by Karl F. Lutzen & Mark Stevens.

3) North American Clone Brews by, Scott R. Russell

I don't know a whole lot about these books. The most I've heard about is the last, North American Clone Brews and most of that was complaints about errors that I can't remember.

Are any of you familiar with these books? What is the general consensus of their value as sources of solid recipes? Any and all input will be valued and appreciated. Don't worry that I may take a comment the wrong way. I won't be insulted or feel less happy about the gift. To have her even put forth the effort to give me something I would like or be interested in is the big prize.

What a nice wife you have.

I really like The Homebrewers Recipe Guide. I've only made a couple of the recipes but there are a good half dozen on my list to be made. With such fun names on the brews it's hard not to want to make them and so far the recipes have been solid. They have nice little tips dispersed in the book that are informative and fun to read.

Hope you enjoy the book as much as I have.

Nice gifts.
I got a card the day AFTER our anniversary last August. :(
NOTHING else. and I do mean NOTHING. Not that this is atypical in any way. :drunk:
I remembered. She forgot.

OUCH!! I'll second that and tip one for you brother. I won't even mention the rest in respect to your pain.

Latest posts

Back