Need a Good Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have brewed 3 times now and love everthing about it. I love Black Butt Porter from the Pacific Northwest and would love to try to brew something like it, what would be the best recipie be for me and am I ready for something like that yet? Thanks!

It says that: All grain brewing requires additional equipment and different brewing techniques. What are they talking about will I know what to do?

It says that: All grain brewing requires additional equipment and different brewing techniques. What are they talking about will I know what to do?

Probably not after three batches. If you look closely, you'll see that there are 3 options.

Extract, Mini_mash and All-Grain. The default selection is the extract batch which I'm guessing is the way you are brewing now.

Buy the extract kit. It should be very close to the real stuff. I haven't done their Black Butt, but their Rogue Mocha Porter is excellent.

Back