So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gallon batch of a Bohemian Pilsener this weekend. Weyermann pilsener malt, cara-pils, and a pound of crystal 15 just to be a bit daring. W 34/70 yeast.

I'll be brewing a brown ale this weekend, probably something like Janet's Brown Ale from Brewing Classic Styles: big OG, big hops, big flavor.

just completed my first ever "double brew day". did 5 gallons of an American Brown Ale (Cleveland Brown Ale :)) and 5 gallons of a Rye IPA.

Took 10 hours, and was a bit more hectic than anticipated (1 boil over, 1 over sparge) but I got the job done.

I'll be waiting awhile before I attempt that again.

5 lb of rarr 2 row 5lbs of munich and 5lbs vienna ....and some magnum and citra....lets see what happens ( low on base grain...must go shopping)

The folks at Brewmasters warehouse came through inn the nick of time so I will be doing an Amber Ale and Mirror Pond clone on Sunday.

Got my Mtn Island Mud Stout on the stove! Its a sweet stout recipe. Up next-tomorrow is a citra pale ale or red kolsch. I can't decide which one to do! I'm ready for a beer!

I'll be doing a Stone Smoked Porter clone on Monday :)

I emailed them asking if they can share any info on their "dry peppering" technique for the chipotle pepper version one they make every once in a while (I think only available at the brewery). If they offer any info I'm probably going to pepper it

Just did a pale sour with some Styrians, Abbey Ale yeast, Bugfarm, Roeselare, and Jolly Pumpkin Biere de Mars dregs.

3 minutes left in my mash on a rye ipa w/ all falconer's flight hops! (6 oz.)

It's gloomy as hell outside, but I got a big ol' mug of beer and a kettle going, so life is good.

Going to brew NB Irish Red, and the Innkeeper kits. Trying more new stuff.
Waiting on my bulk ingredients to get here so I can forge ahead with scratch recipes.

3 minutes left in my mash on a rye ipa w/ all falconer's flight hops! (6 oz.)

It's gloomy as hell outside, but I got a big ol' mug of beer and a kettle going, so life is good.

Have you tried those hops before? I'm wondering if you could tell me what they're similar to.

Have you tried those hops before? I'm wondering if you could tell me what they're similar to.

hodge, I've used them in one other beer - it's a hop blend of Pacific Northwest varieties like Citra, Simcoe, Sorachi Ace and a bunch of others, that a bunch of the online brew supply places have been selling lately. I haven't kegged and tasted the other beer I did with them yet... they smell awesome though!

Just made an amber pale ale? Discovered my dial thermometer was 10 deg. off but i was hitting 160 on a mash so i think im ok just gonna be lighter than intended @150 deg .Didnt know you had to calibrate those i did drop it a few times,ha.Thought it was good forever then descoverd the nut and turned it to adjust it,who knew.Luckily i had a small one to compare it to or my next ones would be all screwed up.

I'll be bottling my second home brew tomorrow. A delicious looking oatmeal stout. I decided that (even thought it wasn't called for in the protocol) I'd rack from my primary fermenter into my brand new and first 5 gallon carboy a few days ago. I love it so much. I'd like to just start using glass all the time now.

When my oatmeal stout was fermenting, I apparently had some pretty aggressive yeast and it was going wild for about 48 hours and I freaked out like a noob. In retrospect, I would have loved to watch the whole process happening through glass instead of through white plastic.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to bottle this weekend!

Steeping grains right now on a Rogue Beer kit...doing a Dead Guy Ale and adding a lb of honey! Should be interesting. Racking my rye ale into a keg later on as well.

I'm getting ready to set up for making an IPA using Falconer's Flight hops. I've been wanting to use them for a little while now and with all my carboys sitting empty I've waited long enough!

Just finished APA style I call Smasharillo - a SMASH of 10 lbs dark Munich and 3 oz Amarillo and Nottingham

Planning on 2 more batches (cream ale and Haus Pale Ale) tomorrow...need to catch up as kegerator is empty !

Brewed an imperial stout on Friday. Maybe a bit ambitious for my 3rd batch since starting April but I've got steady airlock bubbles for the last day or so. Also my first time using a yeast starter. I am going to leave it for 6 months, not sure how I will split that between primary, secondary and bottle time.

Latest posts

Back