Used Perlick Direct Draw Cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g1976b

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently came into possession of a used 4 keg Perlick Direct Draw beer dispenser. It's in good shape overall, but really wasn't taken care of. I need to do a lot of cleaning (both exterior and interior).

My question is about cleaning the lines. I think I may replace most of the beer lines (tubing is cheap enough) so that's not a huge concern. However, where the beer travels through the tower and out the faucet, the line is actually stainless steel. How would you recommend I best clean it? I can only imagine there's some sticky gunk left in there, and I want to clean it well before use (and for that matter, the faucets too) but I don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Ben

Fill it with BLC or other branded line cleaner and let it set for about 10 to 15 minutes. Get a brush with a long wirey handle (like a bottle brush but long enough to run up the tower lines) and loosen any crud up.

Repeat and rinse with water. Done.

You can buy hand pump cleaning kits for this. I sprung for the metal pump.

Back