What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a couple of bottles after lunch. What next? Maybe a trip to attired Hands?...

View attachment 145064

My happiness for you is edging towards jealousy.

A little QC testing porter I made for my wife. Brewed at friends and forgot the c90 we were going to use. Subbed special b.
Other than then fruit character from spec b, it's good. I was little worried when wild quad blow off exploded all over fermentation cahinet, but I'm not detecting any signs of contamination.

image-3905390892.jpg

ECY is online at love2brew now! Order some in the next 4 seconds if you want any.

Thanks for the heads-up! I was able to get some Abbaye (I'll need to do another batch of Double or Quad soon) and BugFarm VI (time to give a try at a nice sour!)

Coffee. Black. Getting the final paperwork for the adoption process filled out today, so we can get a court date set. No beer for this guy today, because I have to work tonight, and I'm running low...

Congrats Jerry! I hope the process goes smoothly for you. Am I correct in assuming this is going to be uncontested (and you won't have to go through termination of parental rights?)

so today foooooooking sucks @ss my phone just took a big **** so i wont be able to check in often just thought id let the peeps know that i got trades going with :mad:

FermentNEthinG said:
Bad ass! Thanks for the heads up on the bug farm. I picked up XI and the Saison blend to try out as well. :rockin::ban:

Awesome, glad you got some. Since it took me two months to use what I got a nhc and shipping for just yeast is $20, I'm sitting this one out. If better bottles were eligible for 75$ free shipping I would have ordered. Maybe my friend in Philly can get me some there.

You should go for turbid mash when you brew. I've been working on a write up of mine for my club's newsletter. If you like involved brewing, turbid mash is very fun day.

image-837950449.jpg

Homebrewed Imperial IPA.
OG 1.096
112 IBU, all from Cascade and Simcoe. Dry hopped with three ounces of Citra.
Smells like a bowl of tropical fruit and citrus, tastes like I'm chewing on a pine cone. Medium to thin body, yet slightly syrupy. Probably my best beer I've made so far into this hobby.

luke_d said:
Homebrewed Imperial IPA.
OG 1.096
Smells like a bowl of tropical fruit and citrus, tastes like I'm chewing on a pine cone. Medium to thin body, yet slightly syrupy. Probably my best beer I've made so far into this hobby.

That sounds ridiculous. Send me some. :D

luke_d said:
Homebrewed Imperial IPA.
OG 1.096

Nice. Congrats!

NIZZLE said:
so today foooooooking sucks @ss my phone just took a big **** so i wont be able to check in often just thought id let the peeps know that i got trades going with :mad:

Ok, well I guess I won't post to let you know I just picked up something at the bottle shop that's going to make one happy NIZZLE.
NIZZLE might even shizzle a brizzle when he gets it. ;)

Some TH Mt. sharp while I wait for growlers to fill. This is similar to my Citra SMaSH!

View attachment 145082

Have you tried the Pacifica saison? Single hop beers are good for brewers (and drinkers I guess) to learn about the hop, but not often as good as those made with multiple hops.

I really want to try Critical Anxious, although wondering how it's a BdG. Doesn't seem like they'll be lagering it.

image-2389542048.jpg

Blackberry berliner

TNGabe said:
Have you tried the Pacifica saison? Single hop beers are good for brewers (and drinkers I guess) to learn about the hop, but not often as good as those made with multiple hops.

I really want to try Critical Anxious, although wondering how it's a BdG. Doesn't seem like they'll be lagering it.

This isn't a single hop beer - just that the Citra really comes through strong.

mcbaumannerb said:
Congrats Jerry! I hope the process goes smoothly for you. Am I correct in assuming this is going to be uncontested (and you won't have to go through termination of parental rights?)

The court date for termination is early next week. We still have a lot to do though (parenting classes, answering a million and 7 questions to the state, etc), but we're hoping to have it finalized by December. The adoption is uncontested, for the most part. I'm just ready to get it over with.

Edit: I cheated a little. Not due out until midnight, so I'm having a Coop Native Amber before dinner...

I'm having a new Glarus moon man. I'm pretty sure the two heady toppers I had, my taste but are spent. This tastes like water :(

Back