4.6cf mini fridge enough for 2 x 5gal kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panther1911

Reaction score
There are a couple stores that have 4.6cf mini fridges for good prices.

Would that be large enough for 2 5gal kegs and a gas bottle (20oz paintball)?

How tall are the 5gal kegs and how big around?

I have a 4.6cf GE fridge that fits my two 5gal cornies perfect. Of course I had to bend the freezer section back against the rear of the fridge but after that it fits. I have a 5lb co2 tank sitting on the hump behind the kegs.

I have the same fridge, and I ended up cracking my coolant line when I tried to bend it. If you don't want to take the risk you can build a collar for the fridge to give you some extra room so you don't have to bend it. Searching should come up with some good results.

Take the door off of the refrigerator, and build a collar that essentially makes the refrigerator deeper by the thickness of the collar. I can't seem to find any threads right now, but they exist.

Another option is to make an insulated box that is big enough to hold the required number of kegs and attach to to the refrigerator. Those builds can be found by searching "cold box". This was my inspiration https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/4-6-cu-ft-fridge-10-1-cu-ft-fermentation-chamber-conversion-88554/

Back