This weeks thought provoking abstract question: Your brewing leash.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these is your Brewing Leash?

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

• G

• H

• None of the Above

• cmdrtaco / nader

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Which of these is your Brewing Leash?

Untitledll.jpg

From 8:00am CST to 9:00pm CST, all the above.

After 9:00pm CST None of the above. There is nothing there that represents a tired assed, middle aged man. I am hoping some of that will change soon tho'. I won;t be holding my breath.

I voted "A". I do have a financial and spacial limit. But I can at least get the illusion of freedom from the "extension" factor. I can allow myself a ton of freedom but I will eventually have to reel myself back in to reality!

-Tripod

This is hard. I could brew a lot more than I do, and have more stuff than I do, I just don't want to.

HUH??? Whah????

Didja order the fugu fish with your sushi lunch today my friend? I hear if they slice a bit too much into the bad part, but not enough to kill you, you get some nice hallucinations. :D

HUH??? Whah????

Didja order the fugu fish with your sushi lunch today my friend? I hear if they slice a bit too much into the bad part, but not enough to kill you, you get some nice hallucinations. :D

Nah, its not the fugu fish. I'm just content with where I'm at, that's all. One of the things I like most about brewing is that it can be done with a minimum of equipment. I would like a kegerator, though, just for the awesomeness factor. :D

So, I guess my leash is G. Wide open spaces, freedom from worry, and room to grow.

oh, and my only limit is the depth of my pocket book.

Kind of hard to justify $1,000 worth of brew stuff, and not pay bills. Although it would be more pleasurable to brew.

I wonder if my mortgage lender would take beer as payment... :D

I like others here money is my tightest leash swmbo can care less what i do as long as i clean up my mess.

Those that said money...

Think abstractly.

Which best expresses how the leash of money affects your brewing. Is it the noose?
The retracto leash or Paris Hilton having the resources but never giving you true freedom?

Those that said money...

Think abstractly.

Which best expresses how the leash of money affects your brewing. Is it the noose?
The retracto leash or Paris Hilton having the resources but never giving you true freedom?
wait. Is Paris Hilton oppressing me?

I knew she was a ****ing *****!

:D

I have to say G. Space or lack there of is my biggest restriction. Unusable basement (not much more than a crawl space); no garage, not even a real driveway, just 2 parking spaces; even the living area of the house conspires against me, built in 1880 there are NO closets to store anything. I keep trying to convince SWMBO to move but she likes the place.

Now wait a minute, I thought H meant you were like the little dog and your SWMBO was like her. This doesn't make sense. I thought it was the tightest leash.

Right now, my only leash is the weather. It's too damn cold to brew outside ! I've got all the makings for my next batch, and was planning on a New Year's Day brew, but it hasn't been above freezing, on a day that I wasn't working, for weeks !
Other that that, it's usually not too hard to scrape together the $$ for the materials for another batch.

Well, I, like others, am/was somewhat confused by the definitions behind the pics, but if G means the sky's the limit and H means I can buy what I want, when I want and how much I want regardless of price then I'm in the H catagory. :rockin:

I interpreted "D" fairly literally, meaning that I'm restricted from brewing in part because of having a wee one. Were I to be sans-family, I'd have a lot more time to actually make beer once in a while.

I have to say G. Space or lack there of is my biggest restriction. Unusable basement (not much more than a crawl space); no garage, not even a real driveway, just 2 parking spaces; even the living area of the house conspires against me, built in 1880 there are NO closets to store anything. I keep trying to convince SWMBO to move but she likes the place.

I have the same issue with general space...but I have one single closet that is dedicated to the brew. My fermenting carboy is in there and all of the gear and ingredients, too. I constantly have to rearrange it every single time I brew because I have my fermenter in a swamp-cooler/aquarium-heater set up that gets taken down when its time to bottle and I no longer need it. It is tiny, I mean reeeeeeealy tiny...but BY GOD I'm brewing!

I commited myself to not letting lack of space be what holds me back. Money, time, and energy are a different story...:D

-Tripod

Back