Gonna do it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatGuy66

Reaction score
I have yet to brew, but have decided to go at it. My name is Joe, I live in Gilroy, CA. I've spent the better part of three weeks researching homebrewing, from books and magazines, to tv. I like the Idea of being able to get what I want out of a beer. I'm going to start easy (very basic), with a buddy. A single batch of basic frothy goodness. Then we plan to do two, one I do, one he does. And we'll see where it takes us. I will probably have alot of questions, I found and have spent a couple of days on beer fourums, and this one seems to fit. So I would like to say hi and thank you in advance for your support.

Fat Guy
Joe B.

Welcome, I too said i was going to stay basic, well i am already about to be setup for all grain, basic turns in to a room full of brewing equipment really fast once you taste that first HB. Best of luck this is a great forum with tons of knowledgeable people.

Welcome! Gilroy, Ca -- garlic beer?! You can pick this up pretty quickly, and it's a lot of fun --- enjoy! Let us know how your first batch goes.

I'm not sure about garlic, but it may happen. I plan on taking photos and keeping a journal of my brews. So as soon as the first batch is started I will be posting the photos and journal.:cool:

FatGuy66 said:
I have yet to brew, but have decided to go at it. My name is Joe, I live in Gilroy, CA. I've spent the better part of three weeks researching homebrewing, from books and magazines, to tv. I like the Idea of being able to get what I want out of a beer. I'm going to start easy (very basic), with a buddy. A single batch of basic frothy goodness. Then we plan to do two, one I do, one he does. And we'll see where it takes us. I will probably have alot of questions, I found and have spent a couple of days on beer fourums, and this one seems to fit. So I would like to say hi and tank you in advance for your support.

Fat Guy
Joe B.

What a great introduction. You're right, this is a great site. You can get on track really quickly if you read How to Brew by John Palmer. If you invest a couple of hours reading through it, a lot of your hesitation will vanish.

Anyway, good to see you're doing some homework. Lots of people here are really nice and they're eager to help when you have a question.

Your biggest problem is going to be temperature control in the summer. Whenever it was hot in Sunnyvale, it was REALLY hot in Gilroy. You might consider an old fridge & aux. controller early.

I found a LHBS that holds a class on brewing. I am going on saturday(4-28-07) to learn and to get equipment.
I will be brewing sat. night or sunday. I am excited:D

But it is also NFL draft day.:(

ask any of us that said we were just going to keep it small how easy of a task that is... ha ha he he he (***evil smirk***) thats going to be the bigest and hardest mountian to overcome. Enjoy the jurney and welcome the dark side...:rockin:
JJ

Welcome to the club. I think it is cool that your lhbs holds a class. I bet they profit greatly from it because it is bound to get at least a few more poeple into the hobby and many that start with the class become regular customers. you would think more lhbs would do that.

david_42 said:
Your biggest problem is going to be temperature control in the summer. Whenever it was hot in Sunnyvale, it was REALLY hot in Gilroy. You might consider an old fridge & aux. controller early.

David, I didn;t know you've ben to Sunnyvale. I grew up in Sunnyvale, even went to Fremont High.

Oh yes, Sunnyvale's cooling system. Air is heated in San Jose, Morgan Hill and Gilroy. Cool air comes in through south bay, and over the Santa Cruz mountains. See, I was studying in School! :D

steve

My LHBS must pofit, they charge $20 for the class, but if you buy a kit they give you $20 off.:D
So if you decide to start brewing and buy a kit the class is free, if not then $20 and thank you for coming.

Back