So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife informed me last night that she is heading out for the day. My son is going to visit a friend and will be gone until tonight. New unopened bag of Mandarina Bavaria in the freezer. Re-brew of my Tangerine Surprise IPA today as soon as everyone is out of the house!

About 5 minutes from mashing in on 11 gallons of my Fat Rabbit Belgian Pale Ale.
Splitting the batch and using WLP510 on half and WLP550 on half. Compare and contrast........

Doing my second all grain batch today, adapted from the first extract recipe I designed. Looking forward to a side by side tasting.

Brewing up a smoked rye Saison tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Next week is going to be busy with a Trippel, Oatmeal Stout, and Breakfast Stout all on the brew schedule.

I'm brewing in a manner I haven't done in months: I'm sitting in the bright warm sunshine and not wearing boots and snow pants and gloves. It is freakin' glorious.

I bottled 5 gallons of APA, 2.5 gallons of ESB and 1 gallon of cider this morning. I couldn't stand having all my beer fermentors empty, so I threw together a 1 gallon batch of 15-Minute Blond to fill one of my jugs. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing an American Brown Ale.

[...]Thinking a two batch day would be good, a blonde and another batch of the all-home-grown-hops house IPA sounds right.[...]

Got both batches done with no issues of note.
I love it when the house is full of hop aroma... :)

Cheers!

ab_mar_22_2014_09_sm.jpg

Black IPA went well today, will take her out of the swamp cooler next weekend to make room for the Pliny the Elder clone I will be doing then!

White Dog Brewery

first try on a stronger trappist beer, chimay red clone in the morning, have 2000ml of starter going since yrsterday morning...

Between this weekend and the few days before it, bottled my Lamebic, Berliner Weisse, Arrogant Bastard clone, and Spruce Brown Ale, and brewed an ESB, Bitter, and Mild.

Finally got around to brewing up the Simcoe/Amarillo PA that I had planned for over a week ago. All in all a smooth brew day, though I really need to keep re-designing my rigged as heck brew stand(if you can call it that). I really do not think I have it in me to lift a full 10 Gal MLT to head height. Thought it was a good idea at the time.

On the plus side a few minutes after pitching the bittering hops my 2-doors down neighbor moseyed over and asked where the amazing smell was coming from and hung out with me for the duration of the boil. I think he is planning to start brewing sooner or later.

The plan for this weekend is to bottle the imperial blonde and transfer the cherry wheat to secondaries.

The cherry wheat was warmed up from 60 degrees to 70 degrees over the weekend to clean up any remaining sugars the yeast hadn't munched on yet.

Brewed an "IPA" with Vienna/aromatic/c40 and all simcoe hops. Fermented with wyseat 1728 and will be put over oak chips soaked in Glenlivet 15 year scotch.

Might be an atrocious experiment but alas, that's why I homebrew.

Brewed my first lager, a Yuengling clone. Got it into the primary and remembered why I was putting it off when it wont sit on the hump of the keezer without the collar I havent built yet :rofl: Adjusted the 2 kegs in there so now its sitting on the floor squished a bit but itll be ok. Put the amylace enzyme in this morning after I saw a bit of bubbling and it smelled like beer in the keezer was a good feeling.

This next weekend hope to kick my Vanilla Java Porter keg and plan my next brew to go in that one. Being new to kegs Ive been charting how long it takes to kick one for me so hopefully I have a nice pipeline of brew going and never have an empty keg :D

Next Saturday I'll be brewing a Mosaic American Pale - recipe that my friend Lyle and I designed. 95% Maris Otter, 5% Cara-Pils/Dextrine, 1.050 with S-05. Using Nugget for the bittering addition. It started out as a SMaSH, but we tweaked it after reading on HBT that early additions with Mosaic aren't really that smart. Will post picks of the brew day. :mug:

Very happy to say that I will be home Wed. and brewing this coming weekend. I'm doing The Number 8 from NB. Belgian Dark Strong, AG recipe. I've never done a Belgian before, so I'm pretty hyped.

Did a 2 gallon batch today on the stove (biab all grain). I had to limit the size as I used liquid yeast (WLP 550) and didn't have a starter ready...so did a 2 gallon low abv Belgian and will harvest the yeast when this is done for a real batch. I now have 5 primaries full with batches (the rest are 5 gallons each). Only have two carboys left. :) Since I was in the kitchen, I also sterilized some water for future yeast washing.

I'm picking up a recipe from the LBHS to make a blackberry wit this weekend. The wife loves blackberries so hopefully it turns out well.

Yesterday was my first brewday in a couple months. A buddy and I brewed up a pre-prohibition lager based on a historical recipe for an old DC brewery. Cereal mash of corn grits, 6 row and just a hint of wheat and munich. Planning to lager for 6-8 weeks, should be refreshing come early June!

thinking of doing a oat stout........then again im almost out of rye ipa.......what to do, what to do..........guess i got 4 days to decide :)

Wednesday I'll be starting my first attempt at a Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal stout. I'll be doing a (2) separate 1 gallon BIAB batches. I'll use the same base recipe and only change the amount of cocoa nibs and powdered peanut butter. I know what I want it to taste like, so this may take some time to perfect it.

Gonna brew 10 gal of Nelson/Galaxy/Simcoe IPA and 10 gal of Blonde on Saturday. Bring on the warm weather beer!!

I cant this weekend so Im brewing up a RIS tomorrow after work. First time brewing in the evening/night so we will see how it goes. Clean up is going to suck, I already know, but it should be worth it.

Not quite the weekend, but come Monday I will be brewing a 2 1/2 gallon batch of Irish Stout and 2 1/2 gallons of English Pale ale to make what I am calling "Brothers in Arms". Intended to be drunk as a Black and Tan.

Monday would have been my twins 7th birthday. Every year I struggle, especially since the divorce and split time with my other son (5 years old). I am hoping that brewing these beers will serve me and them well.

Anything to keep my head on right at this time of year.

If time allows this weekend I hope to do a 1 gallon BIAB... my first.

Bottling widow maker cline this weekend and reusing the cake for C3C. Also might have a noob come over to brew an ESB (common room).

Need to figure out what is next on the list to get ahead of my pipeline. Thinking about Yooper's ruination clone and the same except using citra instead of centennial. Basically a hop experiment for my hop head buddies.

I am brewing a German Alt this weekend as a suitable sub for May Day due to no lagering capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I would have brewed my Oktoberfest batch for, well.... October today. But for some reason spring has been cancelled, and we had blizzard conditions, high winds and school was cancelled. Tomorrow I have to use my snow blower again, and it's practically April! Ugh!

Gonna be transferring 2 gal of cider to secondary and splitting them. Leaving one strait apple juice, and the other.....well......the other is getting some lil cutie oranges I soaked in crown royal the last week. Then poring more juice onto the yeast cake for the next 2 gal.
THEN......I'm gonna brew an oat stout that I might split and add peanut butter to one.....mabe

Hardly brewed since late October this year, its just been too cold. Luckily I had a lot of aged bottles ready for consumption to bring us to spring. I hope to complete my DIY stirplate tonight and get my yeast re-energized for a Dunkel this weekend.

Latest posts

Back