Think I transfered to Secondary to Early

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rendar

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Im new to the forums but had a question for you all.

Im making a Stout and it sat in the Primary for a little over a week. I checked the gravity 3 days in a row and it stayed the same so I transfered it to my secondary (a clear PET carboy).

However that night while in the Carboy it formed a layer on the top of the beer and I started getting some bubbles coming out the airlock ( only about 1-2 bubbles an hour or so).

Will I be ok? or is my fermentation acting strange? I plan on leaving it in the Seconday for about another week or so. Im hoping everything will work out.

You just roused a little of the yeast and they jumped back into action for a little bit. It may not have even been that, it could have just been a little foam from the suspended carbonation that was roused out during the transfer. Your gonna be just fine, leave about two weeks in secondary and soon you will be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Back