Munich Helles Saturday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerdoc

Reaction score
I brewed my second AG saturday, a batch-sparge of helles, recipe from Beer Captured. Compared to the first AG batch,my temps were off for the second infusion. I did a protein rest, and it was higher than planned at 129F. Then used boiling water (actually my wife had turned the pot off, and it may have cooled considerably), and my next temp was 20F too cool-yikes. I pulled some of the mash off and boiled it and returned it 3 times to the mash and after some very much estimated attempts, it settled on 151F, literally, which is an indicator that God pays attention to homebrewers (I guess it fits given Jesus made good wine). Boiled spalt and hallertau hops for 60 and it ended up at 1.060 after preboil was 1.044, so I was a little high; who cares, right?

My volume was better this time and I actually got 10 gal instead of the 7 or 8 from the last time.

Used Wyeast 2124 bohemian lager and I aerated each carboy for about 5-10min and it was going strong the next morning, moved it to the fridge and it's slowed as the temp is now 50-ish. Looking forward to results.

I love this stuff. Just wanted to check in as I've not posted in a while...busy, you know.

Back