Who's kits are better....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming you are talking beer kits & not equipment kits. I don't think better really applies. They are both good, but AHS has a wider selection of clone kits and the ones I've done are dead on.

Yes I was referring to beer kits. I've been less than thrilled with my recipes I've used from a book so I'm going to try a few kits.

Thanks for the reply .

Al

don't forget we have a recipe database on this site too, including extract brews.

and if you found a PM or AG recipe, I"m sure someone would be happy to help you convert grain pounds to extract pounds.

So far I've done 2 Mid-west kits and 1 from Northern brewer. I'll be doing another Northern Brewer tonight. Quality seems about the same but I liked the instructions Midwest supplies better, they are tailored to each beer while the Northern brewer directions seemed to be a generic brewing guide.

david_42 said:
Assuming you are talking beer kits & not equipment kits. I don't think better really applies. They are both good, but AHS has a wider selection of clone kits and the ones I've done are dead on.

I certainly agree with this one.. Both have high quality kits!! I've brewed about 5 from each and I can say that i haven't been disappointed yet. All made some pretty tasty brew!!

flowerking said:
What does AHS stand for and could someone post a link? Thanks!
Austin Homebrewing Supply - austinhomebrew.com.
it's a great site, with a ton of choices for beer kits.
nice selection of equipment as well.

I've done a ton of kits from AHS and they've all proven to be great beers, but I have no point of reference as I've nenver purchased a kit from anyone else.

I just brewed a kit from Austin. It's still in secondary so I can't tell you how well it turned out just yet. I was impressed by the sheer number of kits they have. I also liked that they gave you a lot of options to add on to the kits (yeast nutrient, alcohol booster) as well as a choice of three different yeasts or no yeast.

I've also made Northern Brewers' St Paul Porter kit and it turned out great.

Thanks zacmac and JmJ, I was wondering about that too. I've only used Brewers Best so far and I've been very happy with the results.

Im thinking of buying a kit from AHBS.Its the Bells Two Hearted kit,anyone here try it yet? Its the mini mash kit,has anyone tried any AHBS kit? and does it take similar to the real commercial beer?

Sean

I'v only used AHS. I have bought like 4 kits from them, they seem to be goog to me.

Back